Documentary: Cardiomyopathy In Dobermans

A very interesting, and quite depressing documentary on the state of cardio problems in Dobermans.

I found the part about the German breed club particularly sad.

I'm on a large Doberman forum also, and it's just sooo awful watching so many members lose their dogs at such young ages, many less than 5 years old :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mL4wuv26068

Edited by DiscoDobe

A very interesting, and quite depressing documentary on the state of cardio problems in Dobermans.

I found the part about the German breed club particularly sad.

I'm on a large Doberman forum also, and it's just sooo awful watching so many members lose their dogs at such young ages, many less than 5 years old :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mL4wuv26068

Thanks for that. Yep,depressing and worse than I thought. A good reason to use older studs,rather than make laws banning that!

Knowing my 2 both have parents still going strong entering their teens is some comfort.

Edited by moosmum

I know how they feel.

Haven't watched all of it but I lost mine at 8 and a half. The same, it wasn't a suprise by then, but it was awful to get that diagnosis. I was very lucky in the fact I had her one month after diagnosis and got the time to say goodbye, many don't get that chance................

I know how they feel.

Haven't watched all of it but I lost mine at 8 and a half. The same, it wasn't a suprise by then, but it was awful to get that diagnosis. I was very lucky in the fact I had her one month after diagnosis and got the time to say goodbye, many don't get that chance................

Sorry for your loss,would be horrific to deal with and hard to to take that risk again as things stand.

Yes it had added issues, I was 34 weeks pregnant when she died, then had a terrible time nearly died myself and really needed my dog.

I think it took longer to get over due to not being able to grieve properly becasue of all the other stuff going on.

I was angry for a very long time and vowed I would never own another Dobe.

Yes it had added issues, I was 34 weeks pregnant when she died, then had a terrible time nearly died myself and really needed my dog.

I think it took longer to get over due to not being able to grieve properly becasue of all the other stuff going on.

I was angry for a very long time and vowed I would never own another Dobe.

:hug: That would be hard to put behind you.