Doggie Having Teeth Out

tlc

Tha is Christina, I don't know why I'm getting into such a dither over it :laugh: She has really good teeth nice and white and clean, hardly any build up at all that's why we were so surprised when she had these rotten ones at the back. Will be interesting to see what they say when I pick her up!

Your right Pers of course they will be expecting me to buy it from them, well no I won't be changing her diet, it took me ages to figure out a food they they all like and do well on. And I am sure they can't tell me it is her diet that causes the teeth to decay otherwise they would all have rotten teeth!! I have always been aware that their teeth need special attention in the form of bones etc and like I said in an earlier post my old boy Hank who was 16 when he went to the bridge had beautiful teeth all his life.

A couple more pics of my precious girl. (any excuse for photos!)

untitled1of1_zps6715a16d.jpg

Doing what she loves best.

untitled10of25_zps0db66e3d.jpg

The whole Gang, Tully front and centre.

IMG_6387_zps67104ad8.jpg

Pers this one is especially for you!

untitled1of1-3_zps585ae3b7.jpg

Well we are home, They only had to remove one tooth so it wasn't initially as bad as they or I thought it was. Teeth are shiney and white and one of the little lumps was removed the others one they left as they wanted to wake her up. Apparently she had a reaction to the anaesthetic, the vet said after they put it in she started snorting and chocking but eventually went under. They said she was in no danger but they didn't want to leave her under to much longer just incase. They put it on her record so next time they will give her a different anaesthetic. She has only ever had one other one and that was when she was desexed.

Anyway she is all good and sleeping soundly now. The food they gave me was 1 kilo of Science Diet dental formula and two tins of science diet recovery. No pain meds and no AB's not even an injection. I have had a look a the site where the tooth came out, it was right at the back but it looks like it was only a tiny little tooth.

Glad to hear she's ok - I read this thread at work but figured you didn't need another person reassuring you that she'd be fine :) My 11 year old had a dental and her front top 2 teeth removed a few months ago, and I was worried about the anaesthetic.. but when I went to pick her up, she basically jumped out of the nurse's arms and started jumping around, rearing to go.. she was completely unaffected.

I've now had a few foster dogs who have had dentals (actually, every foster dog I've had has had teeth removed..) and I think the worst part is the constipation. I'm always much happier when they've had their first poo after the anaesthetic - the eating and general wellbeing always seems to go really smoothly afterwards :)

Edited by Alkhe

Thanks Alkhe. All is well tonight and she seems unaffected even after the reaction to the anaesthetic, maybe a little quieter than usual but its hard to tell as she is a quiet and calm dog mostly anyway. She had the Science diet recovery food for tea, it was basically slop in a can. :laugh: but she was hungry and seemed to like it.

My oldest dog gets horrendous tartar, but every time her teeth have been cleaned, they are all gorgeous white and healthy teeth underneath. Dog knows how the tartar builds up, she chews every mouthfull of her food - unlike my other dogs, who inhale theirs without chewing and don't have tartar build up at all.

I think it must be her saliva makeup - it seems much different to my other dogs' saliva.

T.

<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(238, 242, 247);">

Pers this one is especially for you!<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(238, 242, 247);">
<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(238, 242, 247);">

aaaaaahhhhhhhh :) :) :)

Thank you!