Take Your Dog To Work Day

Leah82

I wonder If I'll be able to take my pup to uni lectures :D

Well, my puss, Timothy, went to lectures at the University of Qld.... when I was a student. For a short period he had to have daily injections at the UQ Vet Clinic. So I'd put him in my ordinary basket & he'd happily sleep his way thro' lectures.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I worked in Moree my colleague and myself used to take it in turns to bring our dogs in on a Friday afternoon until someone dobbed us in and the bosses said no more dogs allowed :mad we enjoyed their company and they did no harm.

I took Flashy once to my current office when he had to go the vet, I kept him in my office except one of the blokes gave him a piece of sausage so Flash kept sneaking off to his office to get some more :laugh:

Mocha came too once but he was in a cat cage :o and no one knew he was there except for one bloke because he was a good boy and just slept the whole time :)

wow, you lot are a welcoming bunch, I didn't realise every word I wrote would be hyper-analysed.

Big aggressive dog BTW is an example of the type of dog that wouldn't suit an office environment, especially when there are other dogs around.

Small aggressive would also not work out very well which is why as previously mentioned I would be asking for the dogs temperament.

and for the doubters here are some stats...

55 million Americans believe having pets in the workplace leads to a more creative environment

50 million believe having pets in the workplace helps co-workers get along better

38 million believe having pets in the workplace creates a more productive work environment

37 million believe having pets in the workplace helps improve the relationship between managers and their employees

I for one know that having a dog around can reduce stress. Nothing like being on a frustrating call to your internet provider and your dog puts a paw on your leg or tries to climb onto your lap, immediate stress buster.

Noisy and bad mannered are out too - but of course those are subjective views.

Population of the USA is about 319 million. I love my dogs but I respect the fact that I work with people who don't. And frankly, I don't love noisy or poorly behaved dogs where I have to be for 8+ hours a day trying to concentrate. I don't think the place I work (office environment in a large open plan building) is suitable for dogs.

If you go ahead, be prepared for negative reactions and to clean up accidents. Take lots of baby wipes. Same deal as if you bring your child to the office - not the cleaner's job to clean up vomit IMO.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

Guest donatella

My hairdressers have a salon dog. A little Poodle/Bichon looking thing, he's a real cutie!

Guest donatella

Yes, it is the salon owners dog so he can do what he wants.

What about your two on the ward??? :rofl:

Oh god no! Too many goodies for them to chew!