Adelaide Dolers

Weasels

Haha that's okay I wasn't 100% sure myself. I know the Tea Tree Gully part is off lead but i think the Campbelltown council part is on lead, or at least it used to be I haven't gone that way for a while. I'm not sure about the other side. Should be plenty of room for a run though I think. :)

If you're travelling...

The beaches - especially the ones around Tennyson - semaphore - they're all off lead all the time in winter, and before 10 and after 8 in summer/daylight savings time.

Victoria Park racecourse is off lead - but you are supposed to have your dog on lead when there is organised sport - within 50m. There are a few hazards - it's not fenced, it often has noisy model airplanes with yummy lunches stashed close by, and model cars, and pedal prix, and nut job cyclists, and joggers who don't understand that like children, dogs don't always look where they're going (and don't even say anything - they just crash), and nut job dogs. And owners who don't pick up and bags that split when you do try to pick up (yuck).

But mostly we have a good time - because it's huge and people are spread out.

Burnside has Hazelwood park - which is off lead away from the playground (greenhill road near Glynburn road).

There's quite a big place out near Golden Grove, not far from the hockey club.

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Golden+Grove,+South+Australia&hl=en&ll=-34.819423,138.697371&spn=0.008667,0.013368&sll=-34.985965,138.701955&sspn=1.098128,1.711121&oq=golden+grove&hnear=Golden+Grove+South+Australia&t=m&z=16

Modbury sports reserve off Ashley ave. There is a big area there that is dogs off lead. And a track along the creek which may or may not be off lead.

There's an area in Stirling somewhere. And I've used Mylor oval - which doesn't seem to get used for anything else and there is a track that runs off from one end of it.

Wow that's a great list MRB! I have used Vic Park and it was really good, about 1.5km for one lap around the way I went, could probably have expanded the path but it was a public holiday and I didn't want to run through the kids learning to ride bikes :) It's a bit of a trek but perfect when I'm heading to town for training anyway :)

Will check out Modbury next I suspect! I don't think I have expensive enough running gear for Burnside :p

Edited by TheLBD

I did mention to you before that you should come out and run in the forests ;)

I almost messaged you before I started the thread! I was eyeing off some forests on the road to Kersbrook, do you know if they're any use?

I think they're alright. I've never been but apparently the mount gawler area is quite steep. ;)

Mount Crawford Map

Out of that map we run Dickers, Waterholes, Forbes, Big Flat, Fromms, Dewells, Cromer and Mt Pleasant. I think..

They're all good, a bit hilly but nothing crazy. Never run into any stock out there, but of course wildlife is there if you're not with a big group of people.

Endless places to run ;)

I think they're alright. I've never been but apparently the mount gawler area is quite steep. ;)

Mount Crawford Map

Out of that map we run Dickers, Waterholes, Forbes, Big Flat, Fromms, Dewells, Cromer and Mt Pleasant. I think..

They're all good, a bit hilly but nothing crazy. Never run into any stock out there, but of course wildlife is there if you're not with a big group of people.

Endless places to run ;)

*drool* Oh that looks just perfect. Thank you!! :thumbsup: