Just A Reminder

piperspal

Just a friendly reminder for those of us in the NT, today is the day morons are allowed to legally buy fireworks and let them off. So make sure your furry friends are safe for the night pls. I for one, will be camping in the shed with the dogs, one will be doped up on sedatives for at least the next few days, as no-one just uses thier fireworks on the day they should be...... :banghead::banghead:

I'm spending the night at home with the dogs. Thankfully none of mine completely freak out but the little fluffy sticks to me like glue and the other follow me around the house all night. I bet they'll still be setting them off well after the 11pm cut off time too and I have to start work at 6 in the morning :(

If they just let them off tonight, I wouldnt mind as much, but this will go on for months. I sincerely hope this is the last year they can do this, Due to some accident happening. I have had friends have to destroy horses who were stabled so they would be safe. I have had my house set on fire due to the neighbours stupidity. Its absolute stupidity to let untrained people have exlosions!!!

Rant over lol

Oh no... I cringe at the bad memories after 18 years in Darwin. One year I found a very frightened Lhasa Apso in my drive. I put him in my backyard and fed him and started looking for his owner. Two or three days later I finally found her through the RSPCA. She was a radiographer up from Katherine on a training course staying with friends three streets away when the dog got spooked on cracker night and escaped over a fairly high fence. She came to collect Digby and promptly burst into floods of tears. So did I - it was so good to reunite them.

She left me a lovely card and some wine as an unnecessary thank you on the doorstep. I was just so pleased Digby went home.

Grrr. NT cracker night has always been nothing but idiots and a menace. My mother, a long time paediatric nurse at Royal Darwin loathed them - so many stupid injuries.

We went to one while we were up in Tindal (Katherine) and one of the crackers headed into the crowd and then the car park. We left and didn't attend any more after that, with young kids then it was just too scary.