Prefix Ideas

ZharaBelle

I know a few people that have had to submit multiple times, as in a total of 20 or 3 names. I struggled to fill the list on my application (and luckily got my first preference) so I have no idea what I would have done if I had to keep sending more in.

Nekhbet - i think there are a few rules about what can/can't be approved and includes similarity to overseas prefixes as well. Sometimes though I think it has a lot to do with the person looking at the list.

We should probably be thankful we're not trying to name a racehorse!

I understand Century got his name because it was the 100th name submitted. Ditto Gold Clock - they were looking around for inspiration and spied one on the mantlepiece.

I had a list of 10 then I sent in. I was really hoping for my first choice - Dalluxe (a play on my breed, surname (Luxford) and the word deluxe) but didn't get it. I was a bit bummed as I thought it was awesome lol :laugh:

Ended up with Dotdashdot which is ok...it's growing on me, I put it in there to make up my 10. Sorta hoped it was a significant letter in morse code (eg, like my initial or something). But it's R which has no significance at all.

Oh I thought your name came from the song slash dot dash dot by fat boy slim.

--Lhok

That's what it always reminded me of too!

Overseas prefixes are checked.

Nothing with the whole breed name in it (so you can't have 'pug' but you could have say 'bull' (also very common though and unlikely to be accepted)).

It can't sound the same as another prefix, even if spelled differently.

It must be four (I think? It's been a while) letters different from an existing prefix.

Don't put down names just for fillers - chances are that is the one that will get accepted :laugh:

Overseas prefixes are checked.

Nothing with the whole breed name in it (so you can't have 'pug' but you could have say 'bull' (also very common though and unlikely to be accepted)).

It can't sound the same as another prefix, even if spelled differently.

It must be four (I think? It's been a while) letters different from an existing prefix.

Don't put down names just for fillers - chances are that is the one that will get accepted :laugh:

How does that work for prefixes like my boys, which is Hugapug?

It's an old prefix :) Not sure when the rule came in, but there are still prefixes like that around.

(In another life, screening prefix applications was part of my job).

Edited by huga