Snoring Basset Hound?

Many Cavaliers are snorers, sometimes it can be because of health issues or being overweight, but many snore that dont have any health issues or aren't overweight.

Im not sure if its a common thing with Basset Hounds or not? its not because he/she is overweight.?

My family had a Basset Hound in the late seventies . Claudius was the greatest snorer of all time . The breeder had warned us of this , as well as their appetite and wandering capabilities . He was legendary on all counts !I hope you get some reassurance that is better than my antidote though !

My ACD x Staffy is a huge snorer. He sleeps in another room and even then sometimes keeps my other half and I awake in our bedroom. I'm a pretty deep sleeper but he still wakes me up with it some nights. He is slightly overweight and has a lot of reverse sneezing episodes too. It seems to have gotten even louder in the last couple of weeks and sometimes I will get up to check on him as it sounds a bit weird.. like he isn't getting enough air sometimes. I know there is probably no way to stop it but if there is a way to make it better (and quieter!) I would love to know.

It might be worth talking to your vet, sometimes the roof of their mouth can be longer than it should be. Usually more of a problem in short nosed breeds like pugs and cavs but given that yours is a cross with a staffy which are quite short nosed it might be worth checking.

I took him for a full check over not long after I got him and he was back there the other day and neither vet has been too concerned about it. I figure he's old and most old people snore lol it's just part of his old man charm :)