Dog Welcomes After Long Absences?

samoyedman

Mine has separation anxiety so I'm not supposed to make a fuss coming and going. He knows this now so he does a weird I'm not excited thing, he tucks his top lip behind his bottom teeth and then walks around me in circles huffing and puffing. It cracks me up I'm good for about 30 seconds and then he gets a pat and a laugh.

Mine has separation anxiety so I'm not supposed to make a fuss coming and going.

I had to do this with our tibbie girl who'd shriek like an insane banshee around my feet. Ignore her for 15 minutes coming home, I was told.

Kind of worked. She started to ignore me for 15 minutes. Acted like I wasn't even there. I think the little wretch was saying... 'You ignore, you'll get ignored.' :)

Last time I left Brembo was for 7 weeks. When I got home it was like he almost didn't believe I was really there. He usually gives me licks when I get home and enthusiastic tail wags (from work or the supermarket etc) but this time he just walked over and buried his head into me and sighed.

He was then very clingy for the next week - had to have some part of him touching me whenever we were in the same room.

When he arrives next week it will of been 5 weeks since we saw each other last. I miss him terribly - he is currently getting spoilt by my mum and my younger sister :)

We have to stand really still while our Border Collie Kira sniffs our knees. After we "pass" the test we are allowed inside where she gets super excited and 'buck Jumps" all around us, as she knows she isn't allowed to jump on people. :D

Di

Edited by tikira

When I was in year 9 at school, we spent a term away from home. When I got home after 9-10 weeks away, my Aussie terrier looked at me and pointedly went and sat next to my mum. I swear it took him several weeks to become "my" dog again.

My current dogs give me a huge welcome when I come home- whether I've been to the letterbox out the front or been gone for a week! Wriggles and whimpers and funny little squeals! Half jumping around me (as they aren't allowed to jump, and kind of half remember that in their excitement!) and just gamboling around the place.

Mine get excited when I come back from anywhere, and get a little bit excited when my sister comes home, but are pretty self-controlled, no jumping up, no barking, just excited tail wags, sniffs and maybe a couple of little half-jumps. A little while ago we both went away for 10 days, and my partner Nathan stayed at home and looked after them. After being almost knocked over at the airport by Nathan being excited to see me, I went home and walked straight into the backyard where I was literally knocked to the ground and trampled by 4 of the most excited dogs on the planet!! Not something I would ever put up with normally, but it made me so happy that they were so excited to see me that they completely forgot themselves :)

For almost 2 weeks afterwards, if Thundercleese could see me, he had to be touching me.

I came home after three weeks OS with my mother house-sitting - the boys were all over me like a rash the moment I walked in the door.. The girl literally turned her back on me and sulked and wouldn't look at me or come anywhere near me. It took 48 hours for her to melt and join in and then she was all over me too! laugh.gif Moody girl! laugh.gif

Mine are eager to greet if I've been out of the room for a few minutes. If I leave the house for a little while and come back I sometimes get roo-roos from Kivi. We left them in a kennel once for 2 weeks. When I picked them up Kivi raced across the grass and leapt into my arms. He's not usually that uninhibited, so I wasn't prepared for it and ended up on my butt with both dogs frantically licking my face.

It's usually more like this with Kivi. He picks something up, flattens his ears, and walks around in circles.

Kivibottle.jpg

Oh Kivi is so handsome Corvus :love: Funny how they bring things over to you. Stella always has to grab 'Pete' her sucky pelican toy in a frantic rush then runs madly up to me, her whole body

shakes as well as her tail while saying 'hi' she squeals her head off & you get this slobbery wet pelican stuffed in your face... :laugh: That same greeting you get whether you have

gone into another room or been out shopping for 1 hour. Hilarious she is & it is just so lovely especially first thing in the morning. She is just so loving & excited to see me. Warms

my heart really. Sonny is much more in control with his 'hello's'. He just loves to kiss you & while he does wag his tail he doesn't almost turn himself inside out in the process nor is he

as vocal as Stella. All he wants to do is have a game of anything with me. He adores really big pats & for me to tell him how handsome he is :laugh:

Samoyeman, that is such a beautiful clip. Real lump in the throat stuff. I watched it twice as I couldn't see it properly through the water works the first time. Just wonderful !! :)

Edited by BC Crazy