Rehoming A Young Boxer In Canberra: Tips Please

I've been asked for advice on rehoming the young male Boxer below. His name is Monty, he is almost one year old.

monty.jpg

I am posting because I also need advice given that the rescue I'm with only rehomes working dogs. I can't foster or take him in because Boxers aren't my breed and we already have three dogs and they're fine with Boxers but we really need to take a break from fostering for a bit.

It is the usual story. Monty is from a BYB. His owner has had no time to train him due to work commitments and barely being at home. As a result, Monty is very bored, destructive and disobedient - barking all day and wrecking the backyard. He also jumps up at a lot and lunges a lot. Really he just sounds like your average, boisterous untrained young dog.

I've given some training suggestions and also put the owner in touch with a trainer in Canberra to see if anything can be done before they take the step of rehoming him - but if the main issue is a lack of time, that's not going to be able to be addressed and it might be best to rehome him.

Does anyone know of a breed rescue here in Canberra or if any rescue would be willing to take in Monty? I know how to do the posters and listings on places like gumtree and allclassified but I think Monty's chances are likely to be higher through a rescue.

Thanks very much in advance.

Edited by koalathebear

Save Our Strays love boxers, they've rescued lots. AFAIK the FB boxer network is a referral service. This dog sounds like he'd be better going through rescue.

Edited by Powerlegs