Missing Challenge Certificate

Huntia

Hi,

After this weekend my boy is near to having enough points for his championship title :thumbsup: .

However I am missing a BOB challenge certificate from a NSW AG show from last year. I know who the judge was, the show and date, not 100% sure of how many points were awarded though (I think 15). Is there any way to find out how many points were awarded and can I still apply to Dogs NSW for his title (once I figure out how many points the missing challenge was for ).

So basically what do you do in NSW if you have a missing challenge certificate?

Edited by Huntia

You have to submit all challenge certificates to get the Champion title for your dog, they would not accept, as far as I know with what you think the total of points on the certificate.

As you have stated you know everything about the show, so have you contacted the show secretary to see if that CC is still in their

possession, usually they do hold them if not collected, if they do not have it then you will have to go that extra mile and get the 100 points with CCs to verify it.

I stand to be corrected, but this is how it was when I was on a dog committee.

When we were in Victoria and applied for titles, we only had to send challenge certificates from interstate shows, not from Victorian shows. For the Victorian shows we only had to list the details on the application form.

Contact DogsNSW as a starting point and just clarify the issue, and then chase up the show secretary and see if you can confirm the points :)

Dogs NSW will require either the certificate itself or something in writing from the show sec stating all the dogs details, points gained, date, judge etc.

You can always call and ask but they don't keep show results on site after 12 months post show from memory.

As a Sec I've been asked to do letters for DogsNSW and DogsACT on the odd occasion in this sort of situation but usually it's been for a Grand or Sup when the dog is a veteran and it would be a significant hassle to bring them out again. I suppose it depends on whether it is easier just to get another Challenge with the necessary points or do the chasing of the Secretary.

I have contacted Dogs NSW and there are 2 options for being able to use the points from the missing challenge certificate.

1. as sky soaring Magpie said I can get a letter from the show secretary on their letter head with the relevant details

2. pay a search fee to Dogs NSW and they will find the relevant details for me. :thumbsup:

All good :thumbsup: