Pup 2 Perfection

For those who are interested, Clean Run have a new puppy DVD out on Free Shipping. I have ordered mine after I heard good things. It is not listed on their Free Shipping page, you have to follow the link to find it Pup 2 Perfection It is different to the Foundation Fundamentals DVD set. Mine hasn't arrived yet, so I am only going by recommendation :)

Interesting to see what you think of it. I am thinking that may be the one people were complaining about on the Clean Run list as not being anything but playing tug with the dog.

Yep, that's the one. I had already ordered my copy when all the complaints started coming on the CR list - glad that I had already ordered it or I might have thought twice about it. For a very narrow viewpoint, it's true that it pretty much is nothing but tugging BUT I loved it.

First DVD I've seen where all the exercises are filmed in 'real life' with real life distractions, baby crawling around on the floor while she is working with pup, plus out and about in all different enviroments. Really shows the importance of being able to swap between toys, tugs and food, plus working through distractions and the importance of getting everything into different environments. Plus beginning recalls, retrieves, etc. If you did Puppy Peaks and liked it then you'll like this. Pretty much a condensed version of a lot of the early stuff relating to reinforcement that Susan did with Swagger but with a bit of an individual slant on some of it.

Edited by kelpiechick

Interesting to see what you think of it. I am thinking that may be the one people were complaining about on the Clean Run list as not being anything but playing tug with the dog.

Yep, that's the one. I had already ordered my copy when all the complaints started coming on the CR list - glad that I had already ordered it or I might have thought twice about it. For a very narrow viewpoint, it's true that it pretty much is nothing but tugging BUT I loved it.

First DVD I've seen where all the exercises are filmed in 'real life' with real life distractions, baby crawling around on the floor while she is working with pup, plus out and about in all different enviroments. Really shows the importance of being able to swap between toys, tugs and food, plus working through distractions and the importance of getting everything into different environments. Plus beginning recalls, retrieves, etc. If you did Puppy Peaks and liked it then you'll like this. Pretty much a condensed version of a lot of the early stuff relating to reinforcement that Susan did with Swagger but with a bit of an individual slant on some of it.

Sorry KC...but which one are you talking about...the tugging one or Pup 2 Perfection :confused:

Sorry KC...but which one are you talking about...the tugging one or Pup 2 Perfection :confused:

I believe they are one and the same. I'm talking about Pup 2 Perfection, wasn't aware that there was another tugging one that people on CR list have been complaining about ?

I believe they are one and the same. I'm talking about Pup 2 Perfection, wasn't aware that there was another tugging one that people on CR list have been complaining about ?

Yeah...sorry I got a little confused there as I havn't seen the DVD yet & Clean Run do have others soley on tugging & I havn't seen the article where people were commenting on the DVD. I first picked up the link from the Awsome Pup Challenge

Facebook group, where Allison was talking about it. I havn't heard anything negative about it, only good. :)

Yeah...sorry I got a little confused there as I havn't seen the DVD yet & Clean Run do have others soley on tugging & I havn't seen the article where people were commenting on the DVD. I first picked up the link from the Awsome Pup Challenge

Facebook group, where Allison was talking about it. I havn't heard anything negative about it, only good. :)

The complaints were all on the Clean Run discussion list - to the point where they offered money back if it was returned unopened.

It's true that it is essentially 2 discs of tugging, but I think those who didn't like it couldn't see past that if you know what I mean. She is using tugging pretty much as the sole reward but there are a lot of other things on there, including heaps of ideas for proofing and working in other environments- she takes her training pretty much everywhere and there were some good ideas about that, especially with working through distractions.

It is a bit different from a lot of the other foundation DVD's out there and although essentially it might be the same information as you get from SG and GD, I enjoyed it being presented in a different way. It's more focussed on reinforcement, fitting in short training sessions anytime, anywhere, first recalls and retrieves and environmental proofing rather than giving you a 'list' of foundation exercises. Hope you enjoy it.