Another Incontinence Question

Petal

I really do appreciate your interest, and after 2nd Vet opinion I am feeling frustrated and frankly distressed.

After a thorough discussion of Bellas symptoms & result of the prescribed medication she has been on and physical exam & request for lab testing of urine sample the opinion was that Bellas condition is 'urine pooling' and to get her to be very active directly after she goes for a wee (active ie run/jump about/dance on hind legs) to empty the bladder fully. No urinary tract infection was evident and the vet didnt see the need to culture the sample.

To give her an ultrasound the Vet did not think it necessary with no pain indicators at examination...so what can you do. I am still interested to pursue Bowen treatment but I really want to go to a therapist who is experinced in treating Incontinence issues in dogs, and I have approached one but they did not answer this question - so not too impressed... frustration starting to get the better of me!

Just really so upset that the commitment and interest to get to the reason why this is happening just doesnt seem to be there.. listen attentively, give an opinion and get paid. Losing faith in 'professionals' very fast , cold canvassing another vet without knowing they have experienced treating urinary issues just seems a waste of time and money and distressing to me and more importantly Bella.

Damn! Not the response you (and we!) were hoping for. You need a vet who will work with you. With Sarah's lump, the vet was erring on the side of not bothering to test it, I preferred pathology, he went along with it and yes he was right it was benign, but I was mightily relieved of further worry.

Petal roughly where are in the Vic Alps if you don't mind me asking? (It will help us be more realistic with suggestions)? Can Vic DOLers help out with further suggestions? The only things I can now suggest are the Vet Schools - and they might not be within cooee of you.

Edited by westiemum

I wouldn't like that answer either. Frankly I would just try the Bowen or acupuncture and see how she goes. If her back is out she may not be able to squat as long as she should to finish properly. I can give you details of a greyhound man that won't cost the earth if you want to try manipulation first. Not bowen or acupuncture though. He does pets and is in Chiltern