Inflatable E Collar

Airedaler

Some vets will stock them or be able to get them for you. If a petshop stocks kongs they can probably get them in too. I've seen the kong cloud collars used - only feedback on them is for very active dogs they can rip off the fabric ties that hold the cloud collar onto their collar. They also aren't suitable for breeds with very long muzzles as they can often still reach around the collar.

Thanks Austerra and Karly. I was able to buy one at Pet Barn in Narre Warren this morning so now have it in case I need to use. My girl had a couple of lumps removed yesterday and so far she has not been bothered by them so hoping that continues.

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has used one of the inflatable Elizabethan collars instead of the traditional hard plastic cones? If so how did you find it worked and do you know where they are available from (other than online)in Victoria?

Please don't call it an E collar, that means something else!!

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has used one of the inflatable Elizabethan collars instead of the traditional hard plastic cones? If so how did you find it worked and do you know where they are available from (other than online)in Victoria?

Please don't call it an E collar, that means something else!!

:confused:

Sorry but I am not sure what is meant by this!

Edited by Airedaler

e collar means electric (zap) collar.

And completely polarises people about what is ok or not ok to do to a dog in the name of training.

back onto the cone of shame collars...

There is something called the "Cloud collar" - I've heard it works with some dogs, and other dogs eat it. I don't know how they manage to eat it but they find a way.

http://www.kongcompany.com/products/for-dogs/grooming-and-e-collars/grooming-and-e-collars/cloud-collar/

e collar means electric (zap) collar.

And completely polarises people about what is ok or not ok to do to a dog in the name of training.

back onto the cone of shame collars...

There is something called the "Cloud collar" - I've heard it works with some dogs, and other dogs eat it. I don't know how they manage to eat it but they find a way.

http://www.kongcompany.com/products/for-dogs/grooming-and-e-collars/grooming-and-e-collars/cloud-collar/

I bought one for my mini schnauzer when he was desexed and it was far more comfortable for him than the Elizabethan collar. It didn't seem to bother him at all.

My boy Zeus had a hot spot not long ago that he continued to lick so I tried the Kong Cloud Collar out on him but had to return it. Due to his odd size, long nose and long skinny neck, the size he needed to stop him reaching the hot spot was too wide on his neck.

The cone the vet supplied me turned out to be much better because it was long enough to stop his mouth reaching the wound, but could be adjusted small enough around his neck -- and it didn't take him long to have the cone figured out when it came to eating, drinking or sleeping!

Kong also make something called the EZ collar

http://www.kongcompany.com/products/cats/grooming-and-e-collars/grooming-and-e-collars/ez-soft-collar/

which is what you find if you google "soft Elizabethan collar".

I think there are some other varieties of collar along that theme. I don't know if they work.

I originally called my dog "Mrs Bucket" because she was wearing the traditional cone of shame when I first looked at her at the AWL - to stop her chewing on her desex stitches.