Vet Recomendations In Canberra

Kobi'sDaisy

Hi all! We are moving to Canberra next year and want to start searching for a good, understanding vet. Looking for someone who understands abouts raw diet and will titre test for a reasonable price (our current vet charged 250 for only two tests!!).

Not fussed about location as everything is pretty close and we are still unsure about where we are going to live.

Kate Millhouse at Holistic Paws in Kambah is the only vet I have been able to find that will titre for a reasonable price ($60 total per dog). Everywhere else is about $200 per dog. I was shocked moving down here from Sydney at just how close minded most vets down here seem to be.

As far as raw feeding is concerned, I have never had a vet question it. Simply stand your ground, say your dog does well on it and you don't see any reason to change what works for you both. Like I said though, I've never been questioned by a vet.

Our regular performance vet is Sandra Hassett at the animal medical centre in Phillip. She is also a chiropractor, a behaviourist, and a very good diagnostic vet.

I have used holistic paws for titre. Also know quite a few people who feed raw who use Sandra (so don't think I would be an issue with her) and have heard lots of good things about her. If I were in Canberra itself she would be who I would head for.

Edited by espinay2

Kate is awesome - she used to work for West Queanbeyan Vets back in the day and went out on her own around 2005 or there abouts.

Hamish and the team at West Queanbeyan Vets are awesome, not the cheapest around but not the dearest either and they care about the animals.

Not sure what they charge for titre testing but we did talk about it one day because of Ollie and his other treatments when he was alive.