Flyer For Zipp

I guess not everyone would know, so I have fixed it and uploaded it again :)

I think when we are rehoming animals, we have to assume that the targeted consumer doesn't know and I think we have recognise that most people don't know that they don't know - and this is absolutely not a criticism of anyone, just a recognition of the state of affairs. In the past decade and more, there have been huge changes to legislation and attitudes of pounds; added to that, the rescue world has burgeoned. So unless someone is involved in a fairly significant way, they really wouldn't have a clue as to all the requirements.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only feedback is that I would only refer to her as Zippy (rather than Zipp) and I would remove any references to 'our girl'. Instead just say Zippy.

The reason for this is that on a quick read it sounds like she is already owned and adored and someone might just look at the pics and move on to the next dog. You want them to imagine themselves as being the ones who say she is 'our girl Zipp'.

Aside from that it is fantastic!!!! Plenty of heart in it!

Edited by Little Gifts

My only feedback is that I would only refer to her as Zippy (rather than Zipp) and I would remove any references to 'our girl'. Instead just say Zippy.

The reason for this is that on a quick read it sounds like she is already owned and adored and someone might just look at the pics and move on to the next dog. You want them to imagine themselves as being the ones who say she is 'our girl Zipp'.

Aside from that it is fantastic!!!! Plenty of heart in it!

I know and I did actually write it like that to begin with - but because there isn't a lot of info on her, it read like it was a bit 'cold'.

She is such a warm and sweet girl, I guess what I was trying to impart was that she is loved and adored by everyone who meets her (as well as her foster family)..

Her name is Zipp (given to her by her original owner), I never really liked it but she simply wouldn't respond to anything else.. So she is Zipp - I use Zippy when I am talking about her because it is a tad more feminine and sound more puppy.. I also think it sounds more appealing - but I was going to explain the name if and when anyone calls for her.

The name was a choice between a set or bike wheels (called Zipps??) and the puppy - he got the puppy.. So called her after the wheels..

I wasn't questioning the name - I think it is a fun name for a fun girl, but I didn't want a potential adopter being confused on whether to call her Zipp or Zippy if they come to meet her. Instead of saying 'our girl' (like she already belonged to someone) you could include some lovely adjectives like "This sweet girl is....." or "This warm hearted/loveable young miss is....".

Regardless it is a fantastic ad and the photos are brilliant!

• 2 weeks later...

It would not matter what you wrote on a flyer/the description on the website/advertisement people ONLY read what they want to and half the time they read something that isn't even ON THE FLYER, :laugh: I have this happen all the time.

Maree

CPR

Edited by keetamouse

Just thought I would see if there was an update on whether Zipp has found a forever home? With such a great flyer you must have been inundated with people wanting to adopt her! :)

No luck yet but I am sure her forever home will come along.

It would be good if it was soon, as dog training starts up again in a couple of weeks and as her class and Zig's class is at the same time - she will miss out because I don't have anyone else that can handle her for me (and I can't do two dogs at the same time)..

She is so good at it, it really would be a shame if she didn't get to continue.

Please feel free to copy the flyer and share it around :)

Just an update - we had an enquiry about Zippy today.

The hubby works from home (bonus), they have older kids (bonus), they have a dog park nearby (bonus) and they want to continue her obedience training (WIN :thumbsup: )...

The man and his daughter came to meet her this afternoon and they are bringing back the wife back next Tuesday to see if they hit it off..

They did appear to be a bit smitten with her - she was on her very best behaviour. Being sweet and doing everything that was asked.

They liked the fact that she was crate trained and already had basic beginners obedience, all vaccinations and heartworm treated..

The hubby works from home (bonus), they have older kids (bonus), they have a dog park nearby (bonus) and they want to continue her obedience training (WIN :thumbsup: )...

The man and his daughter came to meet her this afternoon and they are bringing back the wife back next Tuesday to see if they hit it off..

They did appear to be a bit smitten with her - she was on her very best behaviour. Being sweet and doing everything that was asked.

They liked the fact that she was crate trained and already had basic beginners obedience, all vaccinations and heartworm treated..

Do they have another dog? or does she not need another dog?

Do they have another dog? or does she not need another dog?

They don't have another dog yet - but are wanting to get another one in the future.

They have friends with dogs and only want a dog that is dog friendly - Zippy is perfectly happy with all other dogs and is quite submissive to every dog she meets.

I would prefer she went to a home with another dog but as these people intend to have play dates with their friends with dogs (and he works from home), it might be an acceptable arrangement for her and the possibility of another dog in the future.

J

Good on you for getting Zippy so well prepared for rehoming.

Fingers crossed that all goes well.

Zippy is on trial :thumbsup:

.... toes crossed now, too. :)

It won't be totally devastating if she comes back - everyone around here is somewhat flat now she has gone over for a trial.

We have decided if it doesn't work out and she comes back, she stays..