Dog Sledding

Odin-Genie

We recently went to Alaska for three weeks and went dog sledding with Mitch Seavey's dogs (Mitch Seavey has won the Iditarod multiple times). I thought I'll share one of the photos from the trip:

sledding_zps28d7db8d.jpg

Ok, some more photos:

Grizzly eating dandelions on our way to Skagway Summit:

grizzly1_zps6cb3f3b7.jpg

Denali National Park...the colours of the mountains were breathtakingly beautiful:

denali_zpsa1a44450.jpg

A female bald eagle in a forest in Ketchikan:

bald-eagle_zpsb849f4fc.jpg

Edited by Odin-Genie

Great photo!

I am a little curious how they keep their dogs after reading last night that wolves will kill and eat dogs in Alaska, especially if they are kept chained or kennelled somewhere secluded where a wolf may easily enter. Sorry, it is a morbid topic, I was just wondering if they took special precautions or anything in their yard

Edited by BlackJaq

Great photo!

I am a little curious how they keep their dogs after reading last night that wolves will kill and eat dogs in Alaska, especially if they are kept chained or kennelled somewhere secluded where a wolf may easily enter. Sorry, it is a morbid topic, I was just wondering if they took special precautions or anything in their yard

Not sure. They didn't mention any threats from wolves. However, the dogs are not kept in a secluded area. There are people who stay up on the glacier with them so I assume if they hear the dogs barking, they will have guns to scare the wolves.