Elizabethan Collar Alternatives

moosepup

Is he a chewer Moosey? None of my dogs have ever needed a cone head.

No but the stitches are in his ear so he tries to scratch. He didn't need a cone for his neuter.

I took him to work today and he went coneless and was pretty good, only a couple of scratch attempts but I was watching him like a hawk. I will go out tomorrow and see if I can get a soft cone or cloud as he definitely still needs one when I can't watch him 100%.

He was pretty useless around the office. :D

WorkingDog_zpse8f599b6.jpg

OK... maybe try this ?

Once in an emergency I made this for a friends silky ...and it lasted a week! Not sure about ear protection ..

I got a foam square from the kids' toys/school shapes box...... and cut an X in the middle ...just big enough to slip tightly over head. That was it ..and she could race around/see properly /it was bendable so sleeping was ok ....

OK... maybe try this ?

Once in an emergency I made this for a friends silky ...and it lasted a week! Not sure about ear protection ..

I got a foam square from the kids' toys/school shapes box...... and cut an X in the middle ...just big enough to slip tightly over head. That was it ..and she could race around/see properly /it was bendable so sleeping was ok ....

That's a really cool idea Pers! I think it would stop him scratching the ear from the back but wouldn't stop him from getting his foot in there. I'll remember that tip for the next incident though. :laugh: