Yes I Said Now Im Worried

animal ark 22

Ive lived in my street for almost 10 years.

For the past 4 years or so Ive walked past the same 2 dogs at least 4 times a day (on a school day) Ive walked past walking 4 dogs the foxies barking at the two bigger dogs and NOT once have these two dogs barked back tried to tear through the gate or made me feel threatened in any way .

As a foster carer Ive walked all sorts of dogs past these two dogs and NOT once has there been any sort of reaction. Ive been warned from strangers telling me there are big dogs who live down there and I should be careful -----( Its light industrial where I am so at times theres workers etc )

Today their owner told me one of the dogs has been slapped with a dangerous dog order as council told the owner she jumped the fence and attacked someones dog .He has 7 days to contest the order so has a dog behourist coming to access his dog today .

He asked me if I would write a statement .

His neighbour who does pet boarding is also writing a statement

I said yes. .OF COURSE my statement only states what I KNOW and what Ive seen over the years

But now Im worried about any backlash from the person who went to council in the first place I NEVER saw the attack and my statement contains only what extends to me and what Ive seen over the years of walking past .

While I understand any dog can do anything I stuck to what I do know and have seen .

Has anyone else been in this situation ? Im not worried about my statement as its all true and Im not worried about the dog as its never posed any threat to me my kids or my dogs in fact Ive never seen it out of the yard other than on a lead being walked by its owner BUT IF it is true I do also feel for the owner of the other dog and the lenghts he/she may go to to fight for their dog ---Does that make sense ?

Edited by animal ark 22

Ive lived in my street for almost 10 years.

For the past 4 years or so Ive walked past the same 2 dogs at least 4 times a day (on a school day) Ive walked past walking 4 dogs the foxies barking at the two bigger dogs and NOT once have these two dogs barked back tried to tear through the gate or made me feel threatened in any way .

As a foster carer Ive walked all sorts of dogs past these two dogs and NOT once has there been any sort of reaction. Ive been warned from strangers telling me there are big dogs who live down there and I should be careful -----( Its light industrial where I am so at times theres workers etc )

Today their owner told me one of the dogs has been slapped with a dangerous dog order as council told the owner she jumped the fence and attacked someones dog .He has 7 days to contest the order so has a dog behourist coming to access his dog today .

He asked me if I would write a statement .

His neighbour who does pet boarding is also writing a statement

I said yes. .OF COURSE my statement only states what I KNOW and what Ive seen over the years

But now Im worried about any backlash from the person who went to council in the first place I NEVER saw the attack and my statement contains only what extends to me and what Ive seen over the years of walking past .

While I understand any dog can do anything I stuck to what I do know and have seen .

Has anyone else been in this situation ? Im not worried about my statement as its all true and Im not worried about the dog as its never posed any threat to me my kids or my dogs in fact Ive never seen it out of the yard other than on a lead being walked by its owner BUT IF it is true I do also feel for the owner of the other dog and the lenghts he/she may go to to fight for their dog ---Does that make sense ?

Your submission or details won't be passed on to the original complainant - it is against the GIPA act to do so. Basically it will be for the Council only to determine whether they should place the order or not.

I would definitely write it for him if I were you :)

You are simply going to state what your experience has been - no more - no less. There are many sides to every story and those sides need to be told.

Exactly. If you have just told of your experience, I don't see why you expect any backlash.

Feeling for the other owner is not incompatible with just telling the simple truth of your experience with this dog.

great thats all Ive written exactly what I do and have done for years walk past be it with a various dogs over the years.

I don"t even know what breed of dogs they are .To me they are just med size plain brown dogs .The first time I met their owner was to ask where they bought this awesome waterproof stunning collar their dog was wearing .

The house is set back from the road with a scrap car yard behind them .The dogs don"t even bark .Im not sure wether my statement will help I guess the dog assessment will be his biggest thing .

:D