C K C S Breeders

My very wonderful vet is considering a CKCS for his family.

I have met his 8yo daughter and she has done all the reading up on breeds - there were a few breeds that were too active or needed too much grooming but everyone in the family agrees that a CKCS might suit them well. I know they are definitely after a puppy as they have a cat that tends to be frightened of dogs.

I would say a breeder in Vic would be preferable but I'm sure I could convince them to look further afield if the breeder came highly recommended. He has his own practice and so I can't see him getting to shows on weekends to meet breeders. He's a truly fabulous vet, very sensible and extremely caring. I'm sure he and his family would make great owners. Plus they'll have me as back up :D

Any suggestions would be most welcome. I know I can look for puppy listings on DOL but I would prefer personal recommendations as every time I've asked for help previously it has been a fantastic outcome for all.

Edited by The Spotted Devil

Why not contact David McCullough of Caribelle who will be on the breeders section on here, he will probably know someone.

Good pups are difficult to get, and there may be a wait.

Definitely do not buy from a byb or pet shop. Last year I sold a pup to people who had spent $5,600 on a cav pup to keep it going to 17 months .... pet shop, of course!!

http://www.cavalierclubvictoria.com/puppy-referral-officer.html

Mum is the puppy referral officer listed. At the moment I don't believe there is anything available but some breeders including ourselves do have litters due. Your best option is to fill out the expression on interest form on the site.

Thanks BBJ - I've been in touch with BB also. Much appreciation for everyone's help :thanks: