Should I Take My Puppy To The Vet

oneteaspoon

I have an 11 week old cavalier King Charles spaniel. Today it was hot so we stayed inside. When it got cooler we went outside for a brush when it was cooler. I carried her outside and as I went to put her down she squirmed and fell out of my hands at knee length and went head first into the patio tiles. She didn't cry but since then she has been very quiet.

What signs or symptoms should I be looking for if there is any damage or if I should take her to the vet.

I have her a treat afterwards and she ate that down as usual.

I'm a first time mummy and I can't believe I let this happen to my little girl

Signs and symptoms to watch for:

Any bleeding for ears or anus etc.

Her eyes seems not to focus or move very rapidly not tracking anything

Starts crying with pain

Vomiting or frothing from the mouth or nostrils.

Chooses not to eat her normal meals

Shakes her head repeatedly or tries to scratch her head or ears

Tries to push her head into walls or furniture

If any of the above happen, contact an emergency after hours vet immediately. (I've probably forgotten some...)

If none of them happen, I would just book her in to see the vet during normal office hours tomorrow for a check up. That is a significant fall for an 11 week old small breed.

Thank you everyone.

I have been monitoring her and she is perking up.

She ate some dinner, it's been hot last few days so she hasn't been eating all her food.

No blood, no crying, no issues when I pat her on the head.

I've decided to bring her to the vet tomorrow morning as I do need to weigh her and I'll speak to the vet nurses and go from there. Honestly I don't think it's worth the risk for a $60 consult.

Good idea you are getting her checked out tomorrow and also you have been monitoring her closely..

As much as you have to be very careful with puppies, unfortunate accidents can happen.. don't be hard on yourself about it, but just learn from it..

Hoping she will be ok. Please let us know how her vet appts goes. x