Rescue Remedy

mybilly

Hi

rescue remedy is great - BUT it needs to be given/applied every 1/2 hr or so.

Do you know why your dogs are barking?

How is their hearing/eyesight?

has anything changed?

It may be that they are now older and losing touch with their world ..we have a 13 yr old who sometimes hears someone else barking .. starts barking..then keeps on , as she doesn't know when the others stop :(

if they are left outside .. perhaps leave them indoors - with an indoor loo and a radio on?

Hi Persephone and thank you for answering, when we leave which isn't for too long as we are both retired the dogs are kept inside we recorded their barking using the mic on the computer, the last time, they barked for 3 hours non stop mainly the girl as she has a lot deeper bark than the boy. They usually come with us in the car, but because the weather is getting hotter we have left them at home. Over the years this hasn't been a problem the barking has just started over the past month. Re their health we thought the girl had a touch of dementia a year ago, as she would bark at the garage door to be let in, instead of the back door but she only did this a few times and nothing recently. The boy has failing eye sight but copes with that ok their hearing is fine as far as I know. Nothing has changed recently, it is strange as she has never been a barker, the boy is the barker in the family and she doesn't join in. Listening to the tape she is barking the whole time with a few woofs from the boy. I will try the rescue remedy to see if that helps her if I put 2 drops on her tongue and a few in her drinking water do you think that would be ok?

My 12 year old lakeland terriers have just started barking for long periods of time when I leave the house, just wondering if rescue remedy would help and how many drops on the tongue for a 8 kg dog.

I tried on mine, he will bark the whole hours we are out.

Half an hour before I put few drops into his mouth and the water bottle has 4 drops just to continue..

He seems better as he is calmer when we are out, and throughout the time we went out.

Try to train them by giving them prior and water bottle, and walk out for an hour for few times in a day... I think mentally they will be prepared for it later on.