New Puppy + Petplan

Yonjuro

Hi there,

Petplan seems to be the best regarded insurance company from threads I have read here.

We will be bringing a new puppy home in the beginning of January 2014. THe puppy is 3.5 weeks old now and is obviously with mum and the breeder.

I recall reading something about being able to get 8 weeks free when you sign up???

Is this the case and how does one go about it? I can't see any info on their website.

Also when should the insurance commence?

I will obviously discuss this with the breeder down the track, but I don't want to pester the poor lady too much and especially as we and still 5 odd weeks from getting the puppy... I want to keep my pain-in-the-arse emails to her in credit for now :D

Many thanks

PS. I am happy to consider alternative companies if there is a good reason.

Breeders can sign up to supply new puppy owners with a few weeks free, but not individuals.

Great, thanks. It there a cut off time for this ie, do I need to contact her immediately for this, given the puppy is 3.5 weeks old?

When I sold my puppies I signed up as a breeder and registered each puppy for the free cover. It had to be done when the puppy was picked up, not before or after.

If your breeder is signed up she can get them the free cover otherwise you can register them the day you pick them up.

Guest hankodie

Our puppy came with 6 weeks free insurance from the breeder, after 6 weeks a rep from petplan emailed us and asked us if we wanted to continue our cover. They've been great so far, setting up was very easy, haven't had to claim anything yet but it's nice knowing it's there if we need it :)