Male Marking

Leela and PJ

PJ my male BC (entire) has developed a new bad habit. He is now 10 months old and has decided to start marking my female BC food bowl. He does this after she has finished her dinner.

Does anyone have any idea why he has started marking her food bowl and how should I address this issue.

Cheers

Mel

;) Cos he's a boy, cos he's a teenager, and cos he CAN. "It's mine, MINE, I tell you .... ..you...you ..girl, you ...." to anthropomorphise somewhat ....

feed them separately, and immediately remove bowls , perhaps ? That's the simple option :)

Fixed this once with an adolescent boy, quietly watched him eat then go to girl's dish, raised the leg..................bugger it, a bucket of water thrown over his head.................I didn't say a word and he never did it again......just a boy being a boy

My desexed girl will do this sometimes, but only outdoors thank goodness :laugh: She always marks where she has eaten her turkey neck & if given the opportunity will mark his as well...but most times I feed them separate.

;) Cos he's a boy, cos he's a teenager, and cos he CAN. "It's mine, MINE, I tell you .... ..you...you ..girl, you ...." to anthropomorphise somewhat ....

feed them separately, and immediately remove bowls , perhaps ? That's the simple option :)

Fixed this once with an adolescent boy, quietly watched him eat then go to girl's dish, raised the leg..................bugger it, a bucket of water thrown over his head.................I didn't say a word and he never did it again......just a boy being a boy

:laugh: love it, little bugger.

Too mean. Would not recommend that :eek:

Its a dominance issue. One of my girls who is low in the pack started this a few months ago. I try & watch them eat then remove dishes immediately. No easy fix for this.

Edited by Christina