Lumps On Back Of Neck

Angeluca

I always had the destron ones - the longer skinny ones - and for over a decade never a problem. My vet changed to the shorter white ones and Im back to the vet tomorrow morning too. No lumps yet but they were only done on the 3rd and three are nowhere to be found - not scanning and one pup which isn't scanning has a massive scab on his back - bled for over and hour. Its clearly not my scanner as all of the others are scanning O.K.

Very strange. I agree with Wunderhoo I think its more likely to be chip than vax at this stage.

Also just went and checked with my son who was with me when we had the vaccs and chip done and he agreed my vet didnt use a swab prior to insertion.

Cant believe I didn't pick that up at the time - my puppies are super clean when they go to the vet but skin would still have bacteria wouldn't it?

Have you checked temperatures to be sure its no sign of infection - any swelling in the close glands around the neck?

I dont think its a good thing for so many of your pups to have the lumps - not good at all -makes for questions about the batch

Also just went and checked with my son who was with me when we had the vaccs and chip done and he agreed my vet didnt use a swab prior to insertion.

Cant believe I didn't pick that up at the time - my puppies are super clean when they go to the vet but skin would still have bacteria wouldn't it?

Have you checked temperatures to be sure its no sign of infection - any swelling in the close glands around the neck?

I dont think its a good thing for so many of your pups to have the lumps - not good at all -makes for questions about the batch

no infection he was 39.2 but it was 46.9 degrees here yesterday.

My mentor rang me back she'd be out of range all day, the pups grandma who appears on both sides had same thing turned out to be a vacc, reaction and turned up at 8 and a half weeks got to tennis ball size and they tried to remove it and almost lost her. Has never reacted since and can't say if a different vac has been used every time.

couldn't say if it was a reaction to the active vaccine or what because it's all done together. I rang my vet, she said it sounds very likley that is what has happened because of how isolated the symtoms are. We going to confirm and treat with anti inflamatories and the larger lumps will get antibiotics, all puppy buyers will be cautioned to the reaction but not requested to hold to off on the next vacc as parvo is worse then a lump. The ones on antibiotics will stay until it starts to go down, smaller lumps will probably be ok to go. Mentor said it should have taken her girl about 3 weeks to go if they had left it alone.

I was praying yous guys were right, feel horrible about holding the pups, but can't let them go like this.

Edited by Angeluca

I hope so too, I keeping one and have another girl on breeder terms. At least i'll have 2 years before i breed them pending test, to find out if there is any problems.

And will do.

Edited by Angeluca

Update:

over night one grew a fraction (white girl).

Vet visit: Green had 10mls aspirated white had 8mls. White is no where near the size of green. both on antibiotics to prevent abscess and anti inflammatory to reduce fluid building. Both still happy active eating and drinking.

Green will be stayin until there is a signification reduction at least, white is my breeder terms and was staying until the end of feb anyway.

3 others have lumps around the size of a walnut but firm and doesn't appear to be any fluid building, no medication unless enlarges over the next 24 hours.

2 has tiny pea size lump no medication.

These guys are all right to go, I'm typing up a letter for there vet to call through to my vet for size and description of the lump to for monitor for any changes for each specific pup and I have requested before this happen they everyone attend their vet within 7 days, but asking they head down sooner so no situation gets any worse. None of the lumps are sore or showing any signs of irritation on the skin.

1 no lump but a fleshy microchip. smile.gif

The boy who left I'm still trying to get hold of.

Def looks like a vaccine reaction, it probably all happened within a few days of vaccine but hadn't flared up enough to notice until recently.

Much less anxious now.

Edited by Angeluca