Preparing For Next Weeks Severe To Extreme Heat...

westiemum

Thank goodness we got some cool overnight. I've just turned off the fan and loving lying in bed with a cool breeze and Sarah in the crook of my back. Some welcome relief until tomorrow... Then back up to over 40 degrees...

Edited by westiemum

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We bought the dogs an air con today. It will be a long hot horrible week :(. But hopefully made a bit more bearable with air con.

Good for you Clover. I'm in a house-sit in in a wonderful house where things work thumbsup1.gif for three weeks with 5 dogs and 2 cats (Including my three westies) - and aircon !!! thumbsup1.gif And we're all holed up in the family room happy and cool - no more cranky pants!! (At least for the moment)!

If it was going to keep up I would consider a little bit of night driving but I just had my car fixed from a roo hit so not keen on repeating that experience. One big male roo hitting the windscreen and bouncing on my roof is enough! it will be cooler tomorrow and won't be an issue, it's just the extreme days that have been a problem so far.

I've just caught up with this thread, you've had a rough trot Reverend Jo with tyres and the aircon as well. I hope the rest of the journey is better.

We have a hot day in Melbourne tomorrow (41) and then it stays in the mid 30's for a few days but not quite as hot as the Adelaide forecast. I got my girls some of those gel cooling mats, I'm not sure they make a lot of difference but at least they have something cool to lay on. I've been letting them have access to the kitchen when I go out because there is no where cool enough outside for them when it gets into the 40's.

Edited by LabTested