Peeing On Cooling Mat!

bbjai

Hi Guys

I've got a unique problem with my 10 month old frenchie. Due to the heat I recently bought one of those cooling mats (Canine cooler)for him so that he can be cool when we aren't at home and the apartment heats up a little bit (air con is on most hot days but some days we don't turn it on if its only 25). Now he obviously uses it because after a hard walk or play he will lie on it to cool down. His preference is not to sleep on it by the looks of it becuase he still prefers the floor and the rug.

His now started to pee on it? for no apparent reason at all. No where else but just on that mat. Granted it does kind of feel like a squishy dirt! I've cleaned it up 4 times now and put his bowl and water bowl on it to try and prevent him peeing on it. He goes to his own indoor toliet fine so I don't know why his suddenly decided to do this?

Anyone got any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

well we put his bowls on it and he stopped peeing on it, and then we just moved it last night and first thing he did was pee on it. So we've moved it into his crate to see what he does to it now.