Did The Vet Miss Something

boohoo

After some thoughts please. I have a 14 and half yr old bordercollie x mal, who usually is tonker tough. but the last few days has shown a fear of being touched. She also had some accidents inside last week. normally she has had a very strong bladder. She is flinching when her belly or hips are touched We know that she has arthritis in her neck so we expected that area to be sore

still eating as normal and toileting normal. possibly weeing more. she is still fairly mobile

I took her to the vet who ran her hands over her noted she was sore and that her belly was tight and tender. She put all the tenderness to arthritis and gave me some tablets for her to take.

WOuld arthritis make the belly sore and do you think the vet should of investagated it more

thanks guys. just feel she should of had more investagation. considering the vet did point out the tight tender belly.

Im not expecting a cure. I would just like her needs to be meet and if its something that can be relieved or if there is somthing nasty going on. as she has been a real healthy active dog up till now

If you're worried that it is something beyond arthritis I would suggest a comprehensive blood profile. I think it's a good idea to do this with oldies regardless if there is a health concern or not, as it gives a baseline (if things come back normal). And maybe even take in a urine sample and see if things are okay from that angle too.

If you're worried that it is something beyond arthritis I would suggest a comprehensive blood profile. I think it's a good idea to do this with oldies regardless if there is a health concern or not, as it gives a baseline (if things come back normal). And maybe even take in a urine sample and see if things are okay from that angle too.

yep good idea im going to go back in tomorrow to ask for a blood profile to be done and taking in a wee sample

• 5 weeks later...

thanks guys. just feel she should of had more investagation. considering the vet did point out the tight tender belly.

Im not expecting a cure. I would just like her needs to be meet and if its something that can be relieved or if there is somthing nasty going on. as she has been a real healthy active dog up till now

I tihnk you are pretty spot on. Tight tender belly & increased urination needs more than a glance, imo. (Not a Vet but would want a better definition personally).

Hope there has been improvement since the visit.

Edited by VizslaMomma