Help - How Do I Scare Off An Indian Myna

shirra

Can you string a bit of shadecloth up as a temporary physical barrier?

Otherwise I don't know, Mynas don't swoop here, any bird that does is at risk of being caught by the dogs and I think the birds have figured that out after a few casualties.

Same here, Maddie just snaps the Myna's out of the air mid flight.

Do rubber snakes work for all birds, I know someone who uses them to keep the ducks off the verandah.

Can I borrow Maddie?? I have a persistent pair of nesting Indian Mynahs that have cost me a fortune in pest control ...

No probs dogmad, a quick trip up the F3 and your problem will be solved before the jug's boiled.

My scarves didn't really deter the little blighter. It even tried to 'bomb' me when we were returning from a dog walk just after sunset :eek:

It has a 'partner'. I'm finding all this very interesting as Indian Mynah's are usually seen in flocks rather than in pairs.

Sooo which DOL dog can I expect here tomorrow :laugh:

My grandfather used to make "flying" birds out of wood. Cut the shape of a bird. Then two separate wings. I think he attached with some hinges and just hung up with fishing line attached to each wing. As the wind blows they flap.

I bought some black cat shapes from bunnings to scare away the birds. They are 3 black silhouettes of cats in different positions with green glass marbles for eyes. They where pretty cheap to, under $10, I tried to find them on the site to give you a linky but there not on it yet.

They worked for us, day 3 and no birds in my garden beds Yeah!!