House/dog Sitter Needed

Little Gifts

I house/dog sat for a lovely young Sri Lankan couple late last year. They want to go on holiday again in March/April but I am already committed. They have been trying other options, including the Aussie House Sitters website but so far have had no success.

One of the dogs was repeatedly beaten as a pup so they had never even gone on holiday until last year because he has anxiety around new people and they never wanted to leave him. I simply visited a couple of times before I house sat and he was fine while they were gone. I think that's why they have decided to take another longer holiday! They both have full time jobs and run a business so really do need to take a break.

They are the loveliest couple, their dogs are extremely well behaved and loving and the house is new and has all the mod cons. They are very security conscious and obviously concerned about finding the right person to care for their dogs. There would be a payment involved but that is between whoever does the house sitting and them. They are not concerned about who you are, what you do for a living or even how old you are but someone sensible, mature and a dog lover will be important.

So if you are interested, know someone or can offer suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Happy if you want to PM me instead.

Here are their two boys. This was the first night I stayed, which will give you an idea of how relaxed even their stressed boy was because he'd had time to get used to me before his skin parents left. Neither dog were any trouble for me.

post-33739-0-91908400-1391757075_thumb.jpg

I know Denali. If I was working locally it would take me about 2 hours to get to work every day! I quite like to go to new places to live temporarily though as I am on the lookout for my new 'forever' location! It is still a smidge rural there. Around the corner is all horse paddocks!

Are these people located at Beenleigh? If so, a suggestion from left-field but in the area. There's lots of volunteers associated with AWL Qld & there's an AWL shelter at Beenleigh. Why not contact them & ask for a notice to be passed around the volunteers? That could reach the type of people who love animals & give their time to help with dogs that need understanding. There's also a Facebook page where anyone can post:

https://www.facebook.com/awlqbeenleigh

Up at Bald Hills, Mita. Too far away really.

Sorry. I took Beenleigh from your location. Sadly, there's not an AWL Shelter in cooee of Bald Hills.

But just up the road at Caboolture is that district's Animal Welfare rescue group. Responsible folk, recognized by the local council. They have an Op Shop in the heart of Caboolture. Maybe they'd put up a notice or pass word around. Lot of retired people up that way. Phone number & address:

http://www.moretonbay.qld.gov.au/app/cad/default.aspx?ref=717

Edited by mita