Crate / Laundry Question

ajcooper

I would make a small safe area such as a dog run you can either fully secure with Shadecloth buried into the ground or snakemesh buried into large bluemetal stones or the ground. I have a dog yard I have fully surrounded in snake mesh and then buried it into bluemetal.

I wouldn't want a pup crated at night then during the day as well.

That sounds a good plan! :)

I would make a small safe area such as a dog run you can either fully secure with Shadecloth buried into the ground or snakemesh buried into large bluemetal stones or the ground. I have a dog yard I have fully surrounded in snake mesh and then buried it into bluemetal.

I wouldn't want a pup crated at night then during the day as well.

Thank you so much.

That has just gone on the drawing board.

I see heaps of potential here.

I rarely leave the dogs alone for longer than 4 hours ever. ( Get the neighbour to visit if longer). He would not be crated at night & then during the day.

There is a corner of the yard that will convert beaurifully. :thumbsup:

Excellent news :) Areas like that are also good if for any reason he needs to be kept quieter ie recovery from surgery. Of if you have people over say for a BBQ or tradies coming and you are worried about someone leaving the gate open or feeding cooked bones etc.

I cannot see any problem converting the laundry to a dog room provided it is completely puppy proof, has a bed, toys, water etc. Provided the puppy has had a good run in the yard, maybe done some training and toileted, it should be fine in the laundry for 4 hours. I would use a baby gate, rather than shut a solid door on it so it is more like a large pen than an isolated room. If you can then install a dog door leading to a small snake proof run, even better, provided the yard is totally safe from theft. I usually keep puppies confined out of sight when I am not home until they are about 6 months. I have known of a few to be stolen from what would have seemed a totally secure yard.