Kong Cloud Collar

Sail_Away

Finding collars to stop our long nose, long slim necked dogs getting to wounds is hard. When my Vizsla boy had surgery on his foot I looked at getting the Comfy Cone, but doing the measurements there wasn't a suitable size according to the websites. His muzzle was too long for any collar that fit his neck measurements. The normal cone from the vet not only stressed him but wasn't long enough to stop him getting to his foot I later discovered. And you can forget the cloud collar when a foot is involved :laugh:

I hope Sailor continues to leave her wound alone, the only solution we found with my boy was to keep the wound bandaged which he left along for the most part :o

I actually saw on their Facebook page this is something they're working on, they're making longer ones for dogs with longer snouts. Will be great if it happens!

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know where you can buy one of these cloud collars on the Gold Coast? Petstock is the only place I have found that stocks them and only sell the small and large size and of course I need the medium!

I got a too big one then I tied it onto his jumper. Sewed tapes onto his jumper and tied them through the loops on the collar. It meant the collar sat a bit lower and couldn't come off. Houdini worked out how to get the collars off by sticking his head under chair legs and backing out. So much brain power put to bad use!

Try having a Whippet.........................

I have them and have used them BUT they are no good for stopping them getting to legs/feet or potentially boy bits. My bitch has used one and the wound was on the front of her chest near the point of her shoulder so it stopped that really well. Other than that she isn't a dog that licks her various sutured wounds she has had, thankfully

I ended up buying a Cloud Collar from 100% pets which is a pet shop in Tweed Heads however, it was actually too big and my girl got it off within minutes... I nearly went to exchange for the next size down but turned out she ended up leaving her wound alone (surprise, surprise!) laugh.gif - If anyone wants mine they are welcome to it smile.gif

Does anyone know where you can buy one of these cloud collars on the Gold Coast? Petstock is the only place I have found that stocks them and only sell the small and large size and of course I need the medium!

I got mine from 100% pets in Tweed Heads... can probably buy online too smile.gif

you could perhaps try a comfy cone...

http://waggle.com.au/all-four-paws-b42/comfy-cone-p583

We got this one, the Comfy Cone, and it works really well. Great to leave on at night.

We also have the other one, but I only put it on Pepper during the day, when I am home and able to supervise because it is easier to come off. Eating and drinking is possible with both cones, but the Cloud Collar looks a little more comfortable.

Edited by Guest

I went through a couple because the dogs ate them

ok if they are being supervised continually but i wouldnt leave them alone with it on

I found vicks next to the wound site - not on it or too close worked better for us