Trying To Bring Up A Bone

Manuka honey might help soothe or heal a scratched oesophagus but it wont get a stuck bone out.

Just to be clear - that's not what I was suggesting. But in the interim of seeing a Vet, the AMH would soothe and act as antibacterial agent. And if it was only a scratch it would help sooth and stop the cough, which would give the OP a good indication of whether there was a stuck bone or not.

Aussielover, I've been thinking about it all night, and I think you might be right... I think the bone has been a bit of a red herring that's put me off the scent. Having KC 3 times in a year is getting ridiculous though :(

Thanks Pers, me too! I think if it was the bone he would have been coughing on saturday night, and he definitely wasn't.

If it is KC I don't think it's a particularly bad batch. Lucky I still have a supply of the world's most expensive cough medicine from last time :)

Give him a teaspoon of Active Manuka Honey (highest UMF as possible) a few times each day for the next couple of days, or until the coughing/gagging stops, whichever is the sooner.

I have this as part of the First Aid kit for humans and dogs.

Great stuff.

:thumbsup:

Where do you guys find the 20+? I was actually looking at this in coles last week but I think they only had 8+ and 10+. Health food store?

Also - how do you give it to them? Mix with something, or let them lick the spoon?

Edited by aliwake

Where do you guys find the 20+? I was actually looking at this in coles last week but I think they only had 8+ and 10+. Health food store?

Also - how do you give it to them? Mix with something, or let them lick the spoon?

Health food store will stock 20+. I give it to my dogs mixed with a spoon of yoghurt and they just lick it up from a saucer.

Direct from teaspoon - most dogs love it.

Or, if you need to, can include with yoghurt as cavNrott has suggested.

Sometimes, if I want to make sure my dog keeps hydrated, I'll mix some in a little bit of warm water, melt and mix it through .... then I'll add a bit more cold water in. My dog usually laps it all up.

And yes - health food store. It is pricey - so be prepared to fall backwards .... but it is great stuff and excellent to keep in the pantry for both human and animal use when needed.

Thanks Erny - I googled it earlier and already fell backwards!! :)

He gets yoghurt every day so I usually mix any extras in with that.

I checked on him quickly at lunch and he seemed fine - didn't hear him cough while I was there. I'm wondering if it's the same/similar strain to the first lot of KC he had last year, because he seems to be recovering really well, and symptoms are similar.

Thanks Erny - I googled it earlier and already fell backwards!! :)

Lol .... same here, when I first purchased it. But by comparison to Vet visits, cheap at half the cost, and healthy :D. My pantry always has AMH sitting in it ..... ready for whenever and whatever I need it for.

Edited by Erny