Canberra Sled Dog Club - Beginners Day

idigadog

It's the same day as Million Paws walk, which I'd already committed to being at!

I so wanted to go sledding :(

Eta - and to meet everyone! Lisa, I was so looking forward to introducing Quinn and Nova :cry:

You still can! Our day is from 8.00-11.00am and we were told that the million paws walk doesn't start until 11.00am. You can do both!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the same day as Million Paws walk, which I'd already committed to being at!

Eta - and to meet everyone! Lisa, I was so looking forward to introducing Quinn and Nova :cry:

May have to pull out, medical issues. I'll let you know at the end of the week if I get the all clear smile.gif

May have to pull out, medical issues. I'll let you know at the end of the week if I get the all clear smile.gif

Oh that's a shame. If you can't make it to the Beginner's Day you could always just come out to a club training session any weekend between now and October.

:( same. Bit too far to do in one day!

That and smudge was desexed on Tuesday, so she'd have to miss out :p

Next time! :D

We're very excited. Can't wait :D

:thumbsup: I hope we get a nice morning. It was so foggy last year that we could barely see our hands in front of our faces.

You will find me easily. I'll be the one running around like a headless chook fitting harnesses on all the dogs.

Edited by idigadog

Andrew is busy making lines tonight. If you would like one, we will have some with us at the Beginners Day or just drop us a line on this post.

1 dog line - $20. 2 dog line with neckline - $45.

I will also be doing a harness order from Taiga Alaska if there is enough interest in a bulk buy so that postage costs will be minimal. Just come and see me over the weekend.

Lisa

1907639_883797841647406_5770387135806570490_n_zps18a19e61.jpg

I'd like to say thank you to everyone from the Canberra Sled Dog Club. We had a fantastic time, everyone was so helpful and encouraging.

My boys had the time of their lives, they just wanted to keep going and going.

I certainly think we will be out there again soon :D

And now you all get some photos

Mr Bjelkier with Allie - Ch Icemist Ever Dream

BeFunky_IMG_0587jpg_zps2370ec84.jpg

Mr Bjelkier with Dante - Ch Apolar Gun Slinger & Beowulf - Ch Apolar Nordic King O Skyforger

BeFunky_IMG_0750jpg_zps6babc69e.jpg

Beowulf looking the part in his harness

BeFunky_IMG_0604jpg_zps41dd482c.jpg

Myself and the boys

BeFunky_IMG_0664jpg_zpsda36f493.jpg

Mr Bjelkier with Beowulf and Dante having a go with his new friend

BeFunky_IMG_0683jpg_zps2223e709.jpg

This totally OT but Esky you just reminded me! At the Million Paws Walk today we had the breakfast show hosts from one of the local radio stations MCing (which was great of them :) ) but one of them asked people several times over the PA system whether their dog was an Alaskan Husky! We all wanted to run up and whisper nooooo! to her :o

I'd like to say thank you to everyone from the Canberra Sled Dog Club. We had a fantastic time, everyone was so helpful and encouraging.

I'm so glad you came along today. Thank you for being so patient with us while we were trying to find the right size harnesses for your beautiful kids. Boof heads!

They were so well behaved and are a credit to you. I expect to see you out at Kowen in the very near future - that's right isn't it??!!!

There are some photos of the day on our club FB page at Canberra Sled Dog Club Facebook Page

Edited by idigadog

I'm so glad you came along today. Thank you for being so patient with us while we were trying to find the right size harnesses for your beautiful kids. Boof heads!

They were so well behaved and are a credit to you. I expect to see you out at Kowen in the very near future - that's right isn't it??!!!

There are some photos of the day on our club FB page at Canberra Sled Dog Club Facebook Page

We certainly will be out there soon :D

Thanks again for the fun morning