Nesting & Digging Hole

Goldengirl25

My girl has miscarried and re-absorbed the puppies.. She is currently on Anti-biotics and injections.

She has been digging a huge hole in the backyard big enough for her to fit right into it so we cannot see her. She was crying to get outside and went straight to her hole to finish digging.

She has been aborting the puppies over the last 7 days but has 2 toy squeaky little sheep that she is mothering and so protective of, she she will not let touch them.

I read somewhere that she could be nesting or looking for her lost babies?

She carrots them around crying and moaning which is so sad as she is treating these toys like her real babies.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this with their girls?

No but I have heard that all soft toys should be taken away from dogs under these circumstances. It makes them worse. Maybe try & remove them & any others when she is sleeping. No idea what to do about the hole. How very sad seeing her this way.

In false pregnancies, yes :)

their hormones are dictating what they should be doing - I usually leave them to it . They pick a toy or a few ..and do all the mothery things. You may want to try an adaptil collar to make her feel happier :)

One of my brother's bitches carried a squeaky to with her - and even took it to work! It travelled with her about 50 km ...sat in teh 4WD while she worked goats ... and apparently she held it in her mouth all the way home ! She 'weaned' it after a couple of weeks ....

Widget has a green monster toy at present which she 'hides' if she's off doing something ..then gets it back and takes to bed ....won't let anyone near...