What Type Of Camera Bag Do You Use

BC4ME

I had a horrible day yesterday.

I had packed my camera bag and got distracted I had forgotten to zip it up. When I went back, I picked it up forgetting that I hadn't zipped it up and 2 lenses and my speed flash all went crashing to the floor.

The 2 lenses are now rattling and the speed flash has a small crack in the flash window.

I have a backpack type camera bag with a zip that goes all the way around the front, it is segmented for all my lenses and a spot for my camera. It also has a place for extra things like spare batteries, cleaning cloths, notepad etc. It is comfortable to carry and I really like it but I don't want this type of accident to happen again.

What type of camera bag does everyone else have.

Oh no! :( I am always worried I will do that.

I have a porteen bag that I adore but hardly ever use these days as I can't quite easily fit everything in. In particular, I want a bag that I can leave my 70-200 f2.8 on the camera as I don't want to be stuffing about in the mud or dust at herding swapping lenses every time I get the camera out or put it away so I ended up buying a Lowepro backpack - I can't remember that type but the zip side is against my back so it has the aded bonus of security when travelling as no one can possibly get to anything.

I have my Porteen Gear bag - I love it.

14199221852_fbaee6a050.jpgDay 17 May - Bag (I love my Porteen Gear camera bag) #fmsphotoaday #porteengear by jamoore photos, on Flickr

I used to have a backpack type bag but when I moved house a couple of years ago, it didn't arrive with the rest of my stuff.

Lucky for me, the camera and the lenses were actually with me, in the Porteen bag..

I have a Manfrotto bag, I love that it has a separate box for the body. I can fit heaps in it, I have 4 lenses, external flash, laptop, user manuals (still learning) plus charger, spare batteries etc. I also like that there is Velcro where you do the clips up just incase you forget.

1_7194_zps9eb4ca8e.jpg

3_777_zps53ce77dd.jpg

MB_SV_M_30BI_Allegra_p1_zps0d2c40a7.jpg

Leanne

I have a Lowepro DSLR Video Pack 250 AW backpack.

The bottom half happily holds 2 spare shorter lenses (90mm macro and the 18-270mm), and the Canon 60D with the Canon 100-400mm lens attached. There is also room for extra cards, batteries, etc, in there... and it has a side access zipper.

The top half is space for my lunch, etc...

I love my camera backpack!

T.

Doh! That sucks.

I use one of these http://www.vanguardworld.com.au/index.php/pv/products/photo-video/detail-1-1-Sling+Bag-657.html

It's small and compact though I do use a mirrorless camera so still will allow for body + lens and 2 others plus some batteries.

Handy part is allows one to jump on the pushy/dirtbike and scoot off to take snaps, have all ones gear on their back and chase the dogs around snapping pics, even get down on the dogs grown level with it on. Swing around front to access gear from the side.

In hindsight I would probably get the next size up though now I want more lenses

http://www.vanguardworld.com.au/index.php/pv/products/photo-video/detail-1-1-Sling+Bag-657.html

Officeworks of all places is a cheap place to get them, and $35 and $45 they are really good value I think.

I like my back pack but was kinda looking for a way that the accident of me forgetting to zip it up all the way won't happen again.

Yes, I will put them all in for repair but will see how much it will cost as to whether I upgrade my gear.