Puppy Pudding Poo

kwirky

Day 2 - we have beautiful logs littering the back yard. And 1 very happy puppy (who seems to like a bit of raw carrot!)

Thank you all SO SO much ♥♥♡♡♥♥

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Had the first pudding poo tonight...inside frown.gif Right in the middle of having dinner laugh.gif

But after reading this thread, thinking it may have been a combination of him eating his log today and training treats [nature's gift chicken mini's] and re-eating them again via the log..

He's been doing nice firm logs since he came home over 2 weeks ago, so it was a bit of a surprise. But starting his clicker training now so I should've expected it.

I just gave him his kibble tonight in the hopes it may help in firming him up, have to wait until later to see the after effects laugh.gif

in regards to reward training, will add in more verbal praise with just a few treats to keep him focused [he only does a 5-10 minute on lead training session, then a few sessions inside, working on sit/drop/come etc.].

cheer.gif YaY to puppy bowels

• 1 month later...

I'll just throw in my 2 cents here as I had the same problem with my 8 week old rottie a few days ago.

Puréed some pumpkin myself (couldn't find canned pumpkin anywhere so I just boiled small pieces cleaned of skin/seeds for 20 mins and mashed into purée) - added 2 table spoons of this to each meal.

Added one table spoon of low-fat cottage cheese to each meal

Added half of a yakult (the 99% sugar free ones) bottle to the first meal of the day.

Diahrrea cleared up within a day. Worked an absolute treat :-) pup is now going 3 times a day at almost the exact time each day and looking great.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE ON MURPHY...

Well it has been a while now so I wanted to update on Murphy's progress.

The soft poo continued on and off for the next little whike, never actually stopping so we decided to try different food (he had been on Pro Plan Puppy since being weaned). We found Din Dins and he has never been better!!!

http://dindins.com.au/