Elvis Had His First Flyball Comp

Guest Clover

Guest cloverfdch

At the lovely time of 5am i got out of bed on Sunday morning although i had not gotton any sleep at all worrying about Elvis and his big day. I had nothing well very little to worry about because Elvis did great. The first race he was in he ran twice perfect and then something happened and he decided to run over to the other lane and got "Yellow carded" :).

After that little issue and having the judges writing down "Dog interferred but no mailce/ agression was shown" he was right, i think he just got lost. My boy is now titled not once but twice :D... So his name is now, Elvis FDX.

We only ran him in the right lane just to be safe for now as he was turning away from the dogs in the other lane. The last race he was in for the day he ran head to head with his Uncle or it could be cousin, Astro is alot older than Elvis but was keeping up with him just fine. They were both running in the mid 4 seconds, El's best time for the day was a 4.44 second run which is slower than usual but not too bad.

Ohhhh and the result for the day was El's team Ballarat* Eureka took out first pace in division 1 and clovers team the Sovereigns came er.... 5th :vomit:, but they had fun.

I have photos to add but it might not be until tomorrow now.

Edited by cloverfdch

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cloverfdch

Thankyou both, the hard work finally paid off.

Jen and your Sparty boy needs FD behind his name :D .

SP, Piper is SO cute, i love her style on the box. I got one great photo of her for you' i just need to upload them. Yep it was the Keilor "Flyball for charity" comp at the Keilor grounds. Our next 2 comps are at Geelong and Canberra, and after that i think it will be Yarram and Euroa so nothing realy in the Melbourne area :).

Urgh i cannot spell :vomit:.

Edited by cloverfdch

Ahhhh too far away lol. Oh well there will be another one in Melb at some stage. And hey- hopefully Caber will be competing himself in a few months :vomit: (well, 3 months 'til he can start training if he's at the level of obedience needed. Eep).

Thanks for taking a pic of Piper for me! I really did mean to go see Julie (her owner) and Piper yesterday but mum got called in to work so i had no way of getting there. It's so inconsiderate when these thingsa re held nowhere near public transport!

Looking forward to the piccies :)

Guest cloverfdch

Thanks everyone :rofl:. Indeed i can relax and just have fun now, oh and kick some butt. I am too competitive when it comes to Flyball, Obedience i dont care if i take out first place in the ring but Flyball is a different story :D.

SP, I cannot wait until Caber is up and running. The Melbourne Royal me be the next Melbourne comp.

Elvis thought we were going to Flyball this morning for some reason and started howling at 2am :vomit:, i think he is addicted :).

Hey Well done... a big congratulations from us here. Maple and Gus send big labrador kisses and hugs to Elvis FDX!!! Doesn't it feel great when your dog hasa title?

best of luck for your next run!

lol yup I agree!! i was focusing on agility for a while there, but he chooses not to jump over a certain height, now he is veteran in NADAC it shouldnt be an issue anymore just need to work on my fitness LOL i found it very hard to yell tunnel when i couldnt breathe last trial :vomit:

We are going to make a little flyball course at home :) between Sparty & Bodie (kira has NO interest in the ball at all) and mums new toller puppies we could have our own team in another 12 months hehe!!!

will have to scout for a height dog hehe

Jen

post-9-1114507267.jpg

Guest cloverfdch

Thanks again everyone.

gusgem, yes it feels great when they get titles, you can see that all of the hard work has paid off. I want to start my Clover dawg back in Obedience soon and go for that darn novice title and get Elvie into Obedience aswell.

Jen i think i am going to be the same at Agility i need to work on fitness aswell. Your Mums new pup is GORGEOUS :), i am scaring myself i think i am becoming obsessed with Tollers :hug:. Ohhh we need another younger Border so Cmon Bodie :cry:, when she is old enough of course.

Corine, It is too late Elvis was hyperactive from the moment he could walk :laugh:.

Edited by cloverfdch

Sparty did pretty well last obedience trial, he just isnt excited about it, off lead he was slow off the mark and cut a corner on the figure 8 DOH!! but only missed out by 9 points on a pass but still got 3rd and ahem ahem best ballarat Novice hehe

I have to pretty much leave him in the car until 5 mins before his turn or he relaxs too much :shakehead:

New pup?? try new puppies!!! we are going over for a play date with our lot tonight for about 30mins should be fun.

post-9-1114593239.jpg

Guest cloverfdch

Uh oh puppies :), i cannot wait until they start at dog club. You had better warn your Mum now that she is going to have me bugging her :hug:. Hehe Clover and Sparty sound very simalar, Clove falls asleep when doing stays and lags terrible when i dont hype her up.

Thanks Natasha, it will be great to see Nova up and running. Finn (Toller) has been coming to some Flyball demo's and comps and he seems very enthuasiastic :laugh:. I think Tollers have me hooked. I wont be getting another dog for another 2-3 years though.

Guest cloverfdch

Between racing the dogs and hoomans have a bit of fun, it is great how everyone gets on SO well together :laugh:.

post-9-1114607740.jpg

Guest cloverfdch

Just for SpikesPuppy, little Piper the Border Terrier from Keilor :laugh:. She has the cutest style on the box and is so happy to go get her ball.

post-9-1114607905.jpg