Lol "hyperbole And A Half" "d O G "

persephone

LINK HERE

excerpt :

I Googled "how to tell if your dog is retarded" and after a bit of research, I found a dog IQ test that looked fairly legitimate. It involved testing your dog's ability to solve a few very basic problems, like figuring out how to get out from underneath a blanket.

I gathered the necessary supplies and began testing.

The first test asked me to call my dog using a variety of words that were not her name to gauge whether she could tell the difference. I called out "refrigerator!" and was pleased to see that my dog did not respond. She also failed to respond to "movie," "dishwasher" and "banana." I was beginning to feel very proud of her. Then came the crucial step: I called her name. Nothing. I called it a few more times to be sure. Still nothing.

The words hung like a neon sign broadcasting my dog's failure. "It's okay," I thought. "She'll do better on the next one."

In the second test, I had to put a blanket over my dog and time her to see how long it took her to get out. I threw the blanket over her and started my stopwatch. She made some cursory attempts

That is Stussy every morning. She likes to sleep under my doona and come breakfast time she pretty much rolls off the bed with all the linen on her and walks towards my voice until it has all fallen off. There definitely doesn't seem to any problem solving skills at work - just gravity!