Collie Nose/lupus?

Hi guys, my poor boy has developed this nasty thing on his nose, after some research I have come to the conclusion that it might be Lupus. Vet did a scrapping and is now treating it as a bacterial infection but I'm not quite so sure; we will see how he goes with his antibiotics over the next 2 weeks and If no improvement he will take a biopsy to check for Lupus.

Anyone got any ideas?

29yqb28.jpg

20fyt7c.jpg

hsqtt3.jpg

that looks very nasty. It certainly looks infected, whatever it is .

At first glance it looks like folliculitis which has been lurking for some time ....

Hopefully the antibiotics will start to settle it down soon!

meanwhile, I suggest a good diet - maybe an ester C supplement , and small amounts of things like plain yoghurt, egg, oily sardines - if he is not getting them already .

Oh :) and a face wipe/wash in calendula tea may help soothe and heal .It will also help control bacteria/spores , etc ....

Edited by persephone

Oh dear that looks quite nasty, doesn't it? Poor fella. My boy had a similar thing on his nose but not as cranky looking. He got it from digging in the dirt. Vet gave us some antibiotics & it cleared up very quickly.

Good luck with him. I hope he gets better very soon. Can't be very comfortable, dear fella.

I'd be doing everything that Persephone suggested. Excellent advice as usual :)

Edited by BC Crazy