Dogue De Bordeaux People.....

Melsmells

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was an interesting read thank you....

I think I have a once bitten twice shy (pun intended) thing going on now, where I want my pup to have the correct bite now so I can be relatively reassured that he will adhere to the breed standard going into adulthood???

And just to add, to risk further speculation, I have researched this breed and breeders quite a bit. It wasnt a decision made last week upon being given a photo of a cute puppy.

I have done much research on desexing ages, reading studies, some stuff here, and was determined NOT to desex this dog prior to 18 months only. (In fact some breeders prefer not to desex at all unless there are behavioural issues, but thats a whole other topic)

I am not familar, nor can find any decent information online about the skeletal growth of the breed and the true likihood this is going to correct.

In my mind I think I have to let the pup go and get a full refund

Thank you all for your help

If you have a change, read over this site

http://www.dogueclub.com/judges-training.asp

My other info applies to USA Dogues.

Thank you Vizslamomma

I did send an email this morning the the DDB Club of Australia also, for some clarification of this problem. I havent heard back from them yet

If nothing else, this has been a wondering learning experience, if not a particularly wonderful introduction to the breed, I do now have a much clearer idea in my head of things to look for and questions to ask!!

Thank you Vizslamomma

I did send an email this morning the the DDB Club of Australia also, for some clarification of this problem. I havent heard back from them yet

If nothing else, this has been a wondering learning experience, if not a particularly wonderful introduction to the breed, I do now have a much clearer idea in my head of things to look for and questions to ask!!

They are an awesome breed.

I lived with two in the USA.

Not sure if you can imagine but Dogues & Vizslas are a hilarious mix.

Well done for undertaking all the research, and maintaining a most respectful attitude.

I, for one, can not wait for puppy photos.

:D

Oh I could imagine it would be hilarious!!

I have just emailed the breeder and withdrawn from the purchase

Fingers crossed all is well....

Thank you all again for your help its really appreciated and maybe I can sleep tonight now Ive made the decision

I am pretty sure dogs can be upgraded from limited reg to mains reg if the breeder wants. But I think there is a time limit?

Yep. In NSW, the breeder must sign a form to agree to the change. Allowed to be done up to 3 years of age.