Online K9 Conditioning Course

gila

I've just signed up for a six week online canine conditioning course through Fenzi Dog Sports Academy. Just thought I'd post the link in case anyone else is interested.

K9 Conditioning

I don't do sports with my dog - he's nearly 13 and has arthritis. But I've been doing conditioning and body awareness exercises with him every day for about a month and I've seen a significant increase in muscle tone. Spence loves it as well because he gets both physical and mental stimulation.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I signed up for bronze too Tassie :) Yeah, I've been using a FitPaws Peanut and an aerobic step, but I need more ideas because I'm not particularly creative with coming up with exercises.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I signed up in bronze too... Enjoying the content. Wish I had enough dolly-roos to to have done gold (but think I will try to do a similar course face to face soon - have one picked just need to wait for the right time as the 2nd half of the year is busy time at work).

Quick question - I can afford one or two bits of equipment - what do you think I should splurge on?

Fitbone and maybe paw pods or some balance discs (but get the human fitness discs so much cheaper then the fitpaws version). Almost everything you can do on a peanut you can do with a smaller dog on a fitbone but being lower to the ground its easier :). It also takes up less space then a peanut.

Edited by ness

:rofl: I waited forever to get my hands on a fitbone - try 3 or so months. Least you can now get them in Australia :). I might have got my hands on the first one into the country ;).

I am tossing up a donut to add to my paw pods, balance discs, peanut and bone :rofl:.

How do you find the Fitbone compared to a balance disc ness? I was tossing up between a balance disc and a bosu ball. The Fitbone looks like it might be similar to a disc, but the shape means the dog can stand with all four feet on it.

I want alllll of the equipment dammit!

Fitbone is definitely more useful then a single disc - http://classroom.dai...new-k9-fitbone/

I like it for my two because of Kenz's MPL issues its suppose to help the knee tracking straight and with Ness being an oldie getting on and off the peanut is a bit fraught with danger and being low to the ground there is less risk for her.

Before the bone I had a couple of these discs - https://www.hartspor.../products/2-044

I find I use the discs/bone for then the peanut.

ETA. Kenz messing around on the fitbone -

Edited by ness