Breeders

Billyj

He all. I live in the Hunter Valley and am looking for reliable breeders of Boxers, Bulldogs (English) and Pugs in the area. If anyone knows about any breeders in the area or even Sydney area is ok I would love to hear from you. Not sure if we want all these breeds but they are the ones we are currently looking at and eager to learn more about them.

Not sure if we want all these breeds but they are the ones we are currently looking at and eager to learn more about them.

You want to buy more then one puppy? think again.........

Re learning about breeds - google is your friend and going to a dog show to see them is another good start

You obviously like the brachy and I love the breeds you've chosen too. I'm sure you've done your research and already know how very different those 3 breeds are though?

The exercise requirements between them is very different so keep that in mind. The bulldog is one end of the spectrum and the boxer the other.

I agree with what others have said widen the search and you will have a better chance of finding good breeders. Can I suggest you ring up the NSW Canine Council and ask for the dates and venues of the dog shows where these breeds might appear. By attending a show you can speak to a range of breeders in one day and see some of the dogs they have. You can get a range of ideas about which of the three will be the best for you.

My only word of advice is in relation to the pug. I ran Pug Rescue Sydney for several years and in that time I took in a few pugs that were being churned out from the Hunter and or Newcastle area that had appalling health and behavioural issues. I have no idea who the breeder was though. So be careful in your choice.

Good luck and don't forget to post the pics. Everyone loves a puppy!

Edited by ~Anne~