Both Sick Again Tearing My Hair Out.

Charjas

STOP changing the diet so often.

If you do a trial diet the minimum period (with NO other foods) is six weeks. I just successfully did this with one of mine who is sensitive to raw meat. He is now on fish and doing well. My bitch who had pancreatitis only once is on Eukanuba Intestinal and raw and is great on that with no further incidence.

You could use Sentinel Spectrum which covers heartworm/worms/fleas - monthly tablet.

Ensure your groomer is not clipping too close to the skin on your dogs paws, as that will also make them itch, as will grass/pollen/ivy/plane trees/ allergies etc.

Did you see Dr Linda Vogelnest - dermatologist as suggested?

No I haven't as its cost me so much so far. I know when charlie had been sick and they were getting chicken and rice for so long that Jaspers scratching eased off. After the RC HYPO. He was non stop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My aim is not to chop and change. Clearly the RC food despite being low fat was still upsetting Charlie's stomach and jasper scratching like a maniac. There has been no jelly poo for 5 weeks. So that end settling. I've decided I'm not giving biscuits at all. Will continue on the vets all natural. Cannot afford a blender atm to do the Augustine app recipe. Will be sticking to natural food. Will now look into heart worm options. I might also add that the owner of Augustine approved suggested sending hair samples to a place in coburg. Was certainly a lot cheaper than where the first vet was going to send. By the way. Jasper did have a skin scraping and they didn't even discuss the result. New vet is much more sensible. Charlie is so much better. He's running up and down stairs and playing like he's a puppy. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Charjas

Send the hair sample for analysis. Please...just do it!

If you want to know what is happening with your dog unfortunately you must pay for it. We all have the same problem when our dogs are not well.

Look on Gumtree or Ebay for a used blender. It will cost you less than one vet visit.