Anyone On The Central Coast Nsw Feed Raw?

Skysong

I'm looking at placing an order on instincto.com.au but the minimum amount of raw food they will deliver down here is 20kg. And I just don't have that much room in my freezer :/ So I was hoping to find someone to share an order with!

This is where we get our meat from:

Swaggerbout

They deliver to our local produce place but they do sell direct to the public. They are at West Gosford somewhere. Prices are incredibly competitive, I emailed them to ask for the prices of the items I was interested in before discovering I had a local stockist who would order it for me each week. We get the premium roo and premium beef mince and it is a very good quality. No preservatives (its cryovac though so still lasts a bit before opening). We also get a big box of lamb brisket every 6 weeks or so. We tried the beef brisket but it was really fatty so went to the lamb. They do pretty much anything you could want, and I have heard good things about their complete mixes (their own versions of barf) but have never tried them.

Thank you for that DeltaCharlie. I will have a look at some of their other products but I prefer not to feed minces. Also one of the reasons I'd like to order from instincto is that they have green tripe :)

Thank you for that DeltaCharlie. I will have a look at some of their other products but I prefer not to feed minces. Also one of the reasons I'd like to order from instincto is that they have green tripe :)

instincto are great to deal with, and their products are great, so i hope you find someone in nsw!

This is where we get our meat from:

Swaggerbout

They deliver to our local produce place but they do sell direct to the public. They are at West Gosford somewhere. Prices are incredibly competitive, I emailed them to ask for the prices of the items I was interested in before discovering I had a local stockist who would order it for me each week. We get the premium roo and premium beef mince and it is a very good quality. No preservatives (its cryovac though so still lasts a bit before opening). We also get a big box of lamb brisket every 6 weeks or so. We tried the beef brisket but it was really fatty so went to the lamb. They do pretty much anything you could want, and I have heard good things about their complete mixes (their own versions of barf) but have never tried them.

Can't beat Swaggerbout Pet Foods. I've been buying from Ben for 4 years and so do most people I know, including my vet. Stan has the premium roo and Maddie the chicken and spinach and as you say, no preservatives :thumbsup:

Edited by HazyWal

I'm liking the sound of the Swaggerabout Hazy. I hope I can source some to trail my guys on. They are both fussy pants when it comes to their roo meat though. ATM I buy the human grade Micro roo mince from the supermarket for them which they love, love, love. It's $9 a kilo though. I have tried a couple of pet grade ones in the past & it was a huge eye roll & you don't think I'm going to eat that do you ??? :laugh: Maybe they might like this one though???

I'm liking the sound of the Swaggerabout Hazy. I hope I can source some to trail my guys on. They are both fussy pants when it comes to their roo meat though. ATM I buy the human grade Micro roo mince from the supermarket for them which they love, love, love. It's $9 a kilo though. I have tried a couple of pet grade ones in the past & it was a huge eye roll & you don't think I'm going to eat that do you ??? :laugh: Maybe they might like this one though???

I'm going in on Friday to pick up an order BCC so I'll ask Ben for you otherwise next time you're down drop in and grab some to try. They are just off Manns Rd at the West Gosford end, really easy to find.

http://www.localdirectories.com.au/West-Gosford,NSW/Swaggerbout-Pet-Products/profile/n8Oj

Thanks Hazy, for your kind offer :D I'm going down to the Peninsula fairly soon to see mum so I might drop by there & pick up just a small amount of a few varieties to see whether Sonny & Stel like it & if they do I'll find out where they stock it closest to me.

BC Crazy the produce place in Medowie stocks it in small amounts and each Tuesday they take bulk orders from people for delivery on Friday. Really lovely people in there, tell them Tammy and Bec sent you :) They don't really charge any extra for the delivery from the central coast as there are enough people who order to cover the costs so prices are incredibly reasonable. They will order in anything you want and in any quantity.

Oh cool Hazy, yes that's just 5 mins away. I usually don't go in there cause they sell puppies :(

Just upsets me but I will go & check out what they stock & if I can place an order with them.

Thanks so much for thinking of me Hazy. Hugs to gorgeous Stan & Maddie. Bet there is no space on the lounge today in this horrid weather :p :thanks:

No worries :) yes I do understand about the pet shops with puppies :( Luckily the two big ones here Pet Barn at West Gosford and Petstock at Erina don't sell puppies. I asked Ben if he'd deliver to Melbourne :laugh:

Yes Stan and Maddie are curled up on the lounge, I don't know about you guys but far out we've had some rain! We just beat it home from the park, it's bucketing down again, everything's soggy as.

Edited by HazyWal

The Pet Barn at Port Stephens isn't a part of the Petbarn chain, its a completely different business that just has that as its name :) I have bought a few things from there before but they are ridiculously expensive. Never seen any animals in there, its a pretty tiny little store. The pet place at Taylors Beach has lovely people in there but not sure that they stock much in the way of meat, certainly not big orders.

If you let me know roughly what you want (when you work it out LOL) I can ask the guys at Medowie how much it would cost you. Then speak with the Salamandar Bay shop and you will have a comparison to go with :) Might have something to do with having 11 dogs, but we will research a bargain whenever possible LOL

We have had a ridiculous amount of water fall here, puddles every where. Half the pack are refusing to go out and toilet without an argument, rather rare with working border collies :) Mind you they would happily run across wet sand to go for a swim...

Its certainly a change for us from dry and dusty Canberra!

Oh Delta I thought that because it's a tiny, not very modern shop & yes very expensive. I used to go in there years ago but there were puppies for sale in glass cabinets near the counter. Always quite a few actually. Even a 12 week BC puppy one day :( that did it for me. Never went back. The one at Taylors beach has puppies in there as well. One lot were only 5 weeks old when I inquired how old they were :mad Haven't been back in there either. Think I'll just go to Medowie. It's a nice drive anyway.

11 dogs :eek: how do you manage 11 DC. I'm flat out with 2 :laugh: Don't blame you for hunting down a bargin.

Have pmd you about something. Hope thats ok :)

Edited by BC Crazy