British Bulldog Training

Any good trainer will be able to assist you with a stubborn dog and ultimately it's perseverance. Plenty of breeds are known for being somewhat stubborn. If you explain where you are I'm sure people could recommend someone if you want personal training or a good dog club in your area.

I think if you post a picture that will help????????.

I got my boy as a 5 year old with no training and he has learned a bunch of stuff but they aren't really the same to train as other dogs. You have to be very clear on what's in it for them. I've used clicker training for tricks and it works well. Start reward rich and then fade. I kind of think whereas other dogs think "what can I do for my owner," bulldogs think "why would I do that for my owner?" Very smart dogs but easily bored, short training sessions with only a few repeats of each command.

I train at pet resorts in Dural, Zoei is my trainer and she's one of Jakes people. She gets bulldogs.

Edited by hankdog

I kind of think whereas other dogs think "what can I do for my owner," bulldogs think "why would I do that for my owner?"

IMO this is true of all dogs, I have never met a dog that doesn't ask "what's in it for me".

When we talk about stubbornness it's really persistence which is a positive trait if we use it to our benefit.

to post a picture you have to upload it to a site like photobucket which will host it online, and provide you with a url / link. Then you click on the little yellow rectangle at the top of the box where you type in your post. Paste the image url into the box that pops up, and click insert image.

It can be complicated to get your head around when you first start but it's pretty easy once you know how to do it :)

The easiest way to post a picture if you don't have a photo sharing account it to click on 'use full editor' below the writing box. Then at the bottom of the page you'll see an option to browse to choose an image from your computer, click upload image and then it will appear in your post

huh thanks Kelpie Cuddles and Sir Snook ... I didn't know about that one! much easier lol

ETA now that I look at it i'm like duuuhhh ... I see that attachment link almost everyday but it never clicked in my brain haha

Edited by Lasareina

He's gorgeous.

I know pet resorts has a terrigal branch if that's closer. Zoei does a few days there I think. You might only need a few sessions to get you on the right track. Bulldogs are of course the best human trainers, I bet he has you doing a bunch of stuff for him.