Suggestions For Boarding Two Pugs In West Sydney?

Young Angus

I'm from Melbourne and we've got a couple of great kennels we take our pugs to where we feel confident they'll get looked after really well, but we need to find one in Sydney, preferably West Sydney, that we could feel just as good about.

Any suggestions?

Thank you :)

Ben.

I'm from Melbourne and we've got a couple of great kennels we take our pugs to where we feel confident they'll get looked after really well, but we need to find one in Sydney, preferably West Sydney, that we could feel just as good about.

Any suggestions?

Thank you :)

Ben.

Ben, I noticed you said in your Welcome thread, you are looking for over Christmas? Bookings might be difficult.

What exact dates are needed?

BTW, you have a pair of beautiful pugs>

:)

I can recommend Meadowmist at Marsden Park which is western sydney - have used them myself for many years and very happy with them. They have regular care and special care which is pricier - I always use special care for my maltese boy. In fact he is boarding there for today only while I have my house pest sprayed. They have a website so you can look them up.

Thanks to all the suggestions, I was actually lucky enough to get a spot at Montana Lodge which sounded pretty good...the PAX lady let me know first that although she doesn't do boarding anymore she recommends Acacia Lodge, then Acacia Lodge was full so she recommended Montana and I rang them and although they were pretty much full they'd just had a cancellation so my pugs slotted right in :D

Hopefully they're a good kennel, Jill who I spoke to sounded lovely and it sounds like they've been doing their thing for quite a while so unless there are any major objections (I have taken my dogs to certain Kennels in regional areas before only to find they were horrible and disgusting and we just drove away) then I'm a happy organised camper.

• 2 weeks later...

I can recommend Meadowmist at Marsden Park which is western sydney - have used them myself for many years and very happy with them.

How do they prevent dog fights? My friend's dog was attacked by another dog in some pet facility and I wonder if this could have been prevented. For this reason I am very worry to place my dog in pet motels.

Thanks to all the suggestions, I was actually lucky enough to get a spot at Montana Lodge which sounded pretty good...the PAX lady let me know first that although she doesn't do boarding anymore she recommends Acacia Lodge, then Acacia Lodge was full so she recommended Montana and I rang them and although they were pretty much full they'd just had a cancellation so my pugs slotted right in

Please let us know if you were happy with Montana and if your pugs were also happy. :thumbsup:

I can recommend Meadowmist at Marsden Park which is western sydney - have used them myself for many years and very happy with them.

How do they prevent dog fights? My friend's dog was attacked by another dog in some pet facility and I wonder if this could have been prevented. For this reason I am very worry to place my dog in pet motels.

I don't board my dog very often but when I do, I always choose a facility that does not allow dogs to mix. So they have their exercise time by themselves.

I've never had any problems with fights - my boy is kennelled in their special care facility - he is the only dog in his kennel. He is exercised with no other dogs unless I give my consent which I will not. I always ask that he has play time one on one with his carer at the facility. I would be very unhappy to find that he had play time or been exercised with another dog without my explicit consent. He is booked in for a 5 day stay in March again.