Nexgard - Has Anyone Tried This Yet?

Tilly

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NexGard and Bravecto

Are you and your dog healthy and free of infectious diseases?

The new miracle cures NexGard and Bravecto have the potential to make you and your pets very sick in a short time!

Risk to humans and animals through new prevention agents ( NexGard and Bravecto )

If You Want to read the full article, click here ... ..

http://www.borrelios..._-Bravecto1.pdf

Your link is broken. I presume it's a scientific study done with regulated controls or you wouldn't be concerned enough to post it here.

If it is, I'd love to read it.

Edited: here's the link:

http://www.borreliose-nachrichten.de/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/NexGard-_and_-Bravecto.pdf

Looks like another Big Pharma conspiracy site with some bad science behind it.

Just my opinion.

Edited by Stressmagnet

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the feedback here - I'm still using up the Advantix, but having 3 cats, I'm keen to look for an alternative (as Advantix is be deadly for cats), and one of my dogs reacts with mild itching after Advantix. Used Comfortis when safe to do so, and it was better for fleas than the Advantix, but doesn't cover the ticks, which is important in Brisbane from about now through till the end of summer. Might try the Nexguard when I've used the current lot of Advantix, based on (most of) your feedback!

• 2 years later...
On 3/24/2015 at 8:15 PM, jcbdigger said:

A word of warning re the use of Nexgard, our dog had a negative reaction. Hyperactive, would not sleep, constant overnight barking. Took her to the vet who prescribed Kalma to address the side effects. No other variables likely to have caused this, problems stated just hours after giving Nexgard. Have reported the negative reaction to the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA).

Subsequent on-line research had revealed (if I have read it correctly) that Nexgard and it's active ingredient, Afoxolaner, is only available by veterinary prescription in the USA. An even greater concern is that there is no mention of possible side effects on the packaging or in the supplied treatment guide.

We just had the same reaction in our very gentle 12 year old Siberian Husky. Since taking the Nexgard, he has been up all night whining, barking and pacing. This behavior is very unusual for him and I was thinking something age related. But after reading your post I will address it as such and stop the Nexgard. Thanks for the info.