Weird Chicken Giblet Accident

So on Sunday I noticed Daisy moving her tongue around a couple of times during the day, but didn't think much of it as she sometimes gets fluff in her mouth etc. She seemed fine in herself and ran around on the beach like normal. After she had dinner in the evening I noticed her doing it again, so got a torch and looked into her mouth. Her tongue looked pretty red and sore at the base at the back of her mouth and there was also white infectious looking stuff!

Straight off to the vet the next morning where they kept her in for a GA and a good explore later on. Suspicions were something stuck in the tongue, or a tumour.

Turned out she had what I suspect is a piece of chicken gizzard looped over her tongue and was restricting the tongue and an infection had set in! The vet said she'd never seen anything like it before, a total freak accident, but any gizzards I feed now will be checked for 'loops' and cut open!

Picture in spoiler as it is a bit gross and boy did it stink! Strangely though when I examined her mouth Sunday evening there was no bad smell.

She seems fine this morning, obviously it will be sore for a bit but she ate her food no problem :)

IMAG4899.jpg