Governing Body

Darien

Who is the governing body that governs rescue organisation? I don't mean the RSPCA, but those above rescue organisations? The only thing I have found is the Primary Industry? I need to know who to complain to to help an organisation run more efficiently and I also need to know the rules governing such a body.

Another thing I need to know, does anyone know of a cattery that uses rags to clean out their cages?

No NSW and I don't want to deal with the RSPCA in any form.

In Vic? Codes of Practice and associated legislation is administered by DELWP (previously DEPI, DPI). It may also come under council compliance but you will probably end up dealing with the RSPCA Inspectorate.

I had always assumed also that to look up a rescue organisation, you should be able to find all the committee members and what they do with funds etc, is that right?

Not necessarily some are not charities and are not no profit - some are incorporated some are not - depends on how they are set up

If its an MDBA rescue member you can bring it to our attention and we will deal with it.

If not its the DPI - but good luck with that in NSW.

All rescue groups regardless of who they are or are not associated with would still have to come under the local council/shire responsibility - this means that they have to have a permit thru council.

In Victoria the Dept Primary Industry (or whatever they are called now) - have brought out a Domestic Animal Business Registration - hence any boarding, training, nannies, dog walking etc have to comply, this also applies to anyone conducting rescue.

Hence your first port of call should be to your local council.