Wa Husky Rescue Day Today

Yonjuro

Hi all,

Sorry for the late notice. But today a group I am involved with are joining withe the WA Husky rescue to have a awareness and fun raising day at Furbaby Cafe

It goes from 9am to 2 pm. I will be bringing Ronin down at around 9:30

post-49154-0-52389300-1428276017_thumb.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Hazy,

It is a great place and very kind of them to get behind us to support for the day :)

Ronin spent the morning walking around meeting and greeting everyone, and was such a star and so well behaved. When we got home he was pooped. In fact I had to join him for a nanna nap :laugh:

FullSizeRender%204_zpszzgmdt5a.jpg

Aw, we are regulars there - the ladies are so nice :) And the food yummy!

Hope it was a success for the huskies and that they all got something off the yummy doggy menu (Chewy recommends the doggy yoghurt ????)

Thanks TT, Ronin always has the doggi-cino with the little cake :laugh: It is our little vice amidst his prey model raw diet :D And yeah, the ladies are great and Ronin is always totally spoilt :thumbsup:

Haha! We are raw feeders as well, but Chewy goes 'off diet' for Fur Baby ????

Btw - we have a beautiful husky boy at Shenton Park at the moment.

LOL! :thumbsup:

If you want to message me the details on the Husky I will post it on our group :)

Thank you! He is a gourgeous young pup named Apache.

Not on the website yet, but if anyone is interested just get them to call the office on 08 9381 8166 for more info.

The shelter is open every day 11-4 (apart from public holidays) :)

The last couple of years we seem to have been getting quite a few husky/mals and crosses through the doors :(

Thank you! He is a gourgeous young pup named Apache.

Not on the website yet, but if anyone is interested just get them to call the office on 08 9381 8166 for more info.

The shelter is open every day 11-4 (apart from public holidays) :)

The last couple of years we seem to have been getting quite a few husky/mals and crosses through the doors :(

Thanks, I have posted these details, if you get a pic send to me and I will include - we have 200 members on our Perth page so with yesterdays awareness day I would be very surprised if he isn't homed very soon.

There is an astonishing amount of Husky and Mal BYBs in Perth it is very very sad. They are wonderful dogs but need an owner that really has done full research and able to care for them. Most people would agree that they are stunning breeds to look at and unfortunately this is their downfall - they need a very dedicated owner :( :( :(

Oh, bugger, I called the rescue and they already have a house visit booked - major bummer as I have already had a couple of great husky people very keen within minutes of me posting it :(

Oh crap (although good for Apache), sorry - he was still available when I saw him :(

I'll let you know when we do have Huskys/mals in, as they do need to go to knowledge owners.

Maybe Apaches new owner will join the club?

No probs :) I have left my number with them incase the visit doesn't work out. So sad that the original owners dumped him because their kid was scared :( Poor little puppy.

Yes, please let me know, about future husky and mal rescues - I don't really visit the sites or rescue page much, but we do have the contacts to help find good homes fast :)

We ended up raising $1500 yesterday which I suppose was okay but I was a little disappointed with the amount, I expected double that. We will plan it better next year :)

$1500 is loads!! Seriously, that's really good :)

Do you guys have online auctions? They are a great way to raise money. Ask local doggy businesses and supporters to donate goods or services (free advertising!).

Thanks :) It was our first go. One of our admins is an x footballer so we auctioned a signed Eagles jumper, but it really only went out on our Facebook page to a limited audience and I think Furbaby. The ladies from Furbaby were also very supportive of the event.

Next year we will do it bigger and better with the experience we gained. We are just simple dog enthusiasts and we try to give back a little if we can. We have some members with Akitas and Swiss Shepherds and of course Tigger the greyhound so I may suggest if we get it bigger we share it around a little.

Y are you kidding??!! :) $1500 in a couple of hours is fabulous! And what's more with further refinement you'll do even better next year!!

Thanks Westiemum :)

And heres a couple of picture of my two crazy kids from this morning for ya :D

IMG_0754%20copy_zps6spbw0lo.jpg

IMG_0753%20copy_zpsxn0dkrk8.jpg